Free

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Operating System

Android 7.0 

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to see playlist descriptions on mobile (for android)? When I click on the playlist, I only see the title and a few of the songs in the playlist. What can I do to show the description?

Thanks

8 Replies

Hey @mixalis-mic13,

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to see the description by heading to the playlist and swiping left on the cover. It'll show the description, who made the playlist and the play-time of all the songs.

We hope this helps,

/T

Hi there @Tom,

Thanks for the reply! Sadly this doesn't work for me (I've attached a video of me trying) - am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hey @mixalis-mic13,

Sorry for the confusion! When you using Free some playlist descriptions will show, but not all of them. 

If you check out a playlist like Today's Top Hits, you should see the playlist descrption at the top with a slightly different style banner. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXcBWIGoYBM5M?si=RiVVW4s6TwKaBqjZCXIlxg

We'll pass you feedback on about this to right team!

/T

I have the same problem.  I am the curator of a playlist. The description of the playlist,  visible on the Web browser and Windows App, instructs musicians on how to submit their songs to my playlist.  But I was still getting emails to my personal email with people submitting songs.  I was wondering why people do that.  Now I realize it is because the Android phone version of Spotify does not show the description of the playlist.  Why?  Don't you guys have a testing and QA department?

Hey there @dariomoving,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community.

As @TomLegend mentioned not all playlist descriptions are visible on mobile devices for free users. They can however see them on desktop devices. Premium users on the other hand have the option to see them also on their smartphones, they have swipe left on the album cover to do so. 

You can however submit an idea on our board, that requests this feature also for free users. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Im a premium user and I still cannot swipe left to view the description. 

Hey @smheaven,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

It seems that your issue is different from the one posted on the original post. But nothing to worry about, the help is here.

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If that doesn't do the trick, could you include the Spotify version and OS version you're currently running in your device? This will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I redownloaded my app, and I cannot access full playlist descriptions, either. I’m a premium user as well. My phone is running on 15.3.1.

Suggested posts