Playlist doesn't play in order shown

Plan

Premiumm

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy s5 neo

My Question or Issue

This is gonna take some explaining, my playlist don't play in the order shown. I don't have shuffle on, I've never used shuffle my intire time using spotify. I have this really large playlist, 32h long, all songs alphabetically organised according to band name and I've had it for years so by now I know the order of them by heart. What happens is I'll choose a song but then a completely diffrent song (usally one from the same band) will show up in my queue. I don't have anything in my queue, it says "Next from: *playlist*. The strangest thing is that if I skip back to the previous song, the song below the next one dissappears from the queue. The problem only appears on this playlist and one other, which is 7h long. (Those are my two big playlists.) I have restarted my phone three times, reinstalled the app twice and even once restarted my phone while the app was uninstalled. This problem only occurred once I downloaded the lates update (and weirdly enough added the heavy to both these lists but of course that is just a coincidence). Please help me fix this, it's driving me insane everyday...

3 Replies

Hey there @sarabesek,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, have you tried the steps provided in this Spotify Answer for a clean reinstallation of the app, including following step 1? 

If you haven't, we'd suggest giving it a try and letting us know how it goes.

Further, it'd be helpful if you could check the following:

• Your device's OS is on the latest version available - if you have any pending updates, make sure to install them
  • If your phone has an SD card, try removing it and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, it would be a good idea checking your SD card for errors - you can find steps on how to do this from your card's manufacturer
  • Try listening to this playlists while connected to a different internet connection

If none of these do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know:

• Does the playlist contain any local files?
  • If the issue persists on another device, for example the desktop app
  • Try creating a new playlist containing the same songs to see if that helps

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi sorry for taking so long on replying, it's been a busy week but I've
done everything you asked. Except creating a new playlist cause it takes a
real long time cause of all the songs but I'm working on it. I have done a
clean reinstallment and none of the other things seemed to help either...
This doesn't happen on any other devices, though it may be hard to tell
since my school-chromebook isn't compatible for the app only the web player.

Sorry for all the troubles, it's just, this is really driving me crazy?
I hope you have a great day(/week?). 🙂

Hey again @sarabesek,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, are you using an SD card on your Samsung Galaxy device? 

Further, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if the playlists this happens on contains any local files or if your device is rooted.

On another note, we'd also suggest double checking that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts