Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist download getting stuck on songs

Playlist download getting stuck on songs

This is new for me. It was reported previously on the iOS forum but has not been reported as an Android issue, and was not happening to me until very recently.

Last night, as I do most Monday nights, I created my new playlist of new songs for the week, which had 77 songs on it. Set it to download onto my Android before going to bed, deleting the previous week's playlist first.

When I woke up several hours later it was stuck on 61%. It was still stuck there 45 minutes later, stuck on the same song.

I have found a workaround. ((Create a duplicate playlist, delete the stuck songs when they happen then go back to the original one, and the stuck songs are all there).

However this is going to be very annoying as I am not around all night on a Monday night when I set in motion the playlist download.

I cleared my entire cache in case that fixed it but the issue got worse, and when I started re-downloading some of my playlist, they were regularly getting stuck on songs.

The fact that song appears to be downloaded when I go back to the original list suggests it was completed all along.

6 Replies

I am pretty certain now this is a server issue not a client issue.

When I tried downloading a playlist onto my laptop it had the same issue - freezing on a particular song (at random), and the same workaround worked. The laptop is new and has very few downloaded songs on it.

It made no difference whether it was connected through wifi or ethernet.

Hi. We've been seeing a few reports of issues with music from the spotify catalogue not playing in the last 24 hours and I'm wondering if this is connected. It has been reported but, in the meantime, could you let me know which country you are in, thanks.

Actually the workaround isn't even a good one. On playback it now stops in the middle of these songs and you have to wind them forward.

And there is no way to "remove" a single song from your cache or "redownload" it, which is clearly a missing feature. Moving out of a downloaded playlist doesn't actually remove it from your cache (not instantly anyway).

And I am based in the UK. Yes the country that pays £9.99 a month for this service.

This has also been an ongoing problem. Subscription based in the US. Both cases have been happening very frequently. Songs that do not play at all on albums and getting stuck on a song during downloads.

Did a fresh reinstall - still getting stuck in the download of a playlist. Now, not only cannot I not download new playlists - all of my previous downloads have been wiped out as well.

Reinstalling does delete the cache I'm afraid. Keep an eye on @Spotifystatus tweets for updates.

Suggested posts