Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist empty each day

Playlist empty each day

Hi,

I seem to have a weird issue I would like to sort. On my Android (Galaxy S2 with Jelly Bean, spotify version 0.6.5.183) - each day I come to play a song in one of my playlists - it's empty. The only way I can play a song each morning is to enable my wifi for about a second or 2 and then all the songs appear. As soon as I disable wifi (again this process takes seconds) it functions fine with offline playlists. I don't need to download the songs again - I just seem to need to enable an internet connection to actually see the list of songs before I hit play. Anything I can do to stop this or is it some kind or bug or expected behaviour?

I can just load spotify before I leave my flat to have it load properly but before I hit the coffee shop at 5am I often forget and don't realise before I hit the tube and by then it's to late to do anything - which leaves me with the only options of either reading or heaven forbit...talking to other people.

Steps so far to resolve:

1 - Re downloaded all playlists (a number of times)

2 - Deleted the app cache and then repeated step 1 above

3 - Reinstalled the app

4 - Re imaged the phone (due to another failure) and reinstalled followed by step 1

The phone is connected to wifi at home and in the office so it's not like it's offline for ages - probably 1 hour a day max there is no connectivity. Furthermore I only have 3 devices with my playlists synced and so there's no issues with that.

Any ideas would be cool. No huge issue as it's not stopping me altogether every day but enough to annoy me a little and take to the internet in search of answers.

Cheers.

13 Replies

Hey. I noticed that a while ago when I'd inadvertantly left spotify in offline mode (I usually run it online) but I thought it was just a glitch. I'm leaving it offline so I can see if I can reproduce this.

Did you manage to get anywhere Joe?

I'm pretty sure that since posting this thread it's started happening more. Sent a request to have offline devices cleared just incase something I forgot about is hanging in there...

Hi. Sadly not. I left spotify in offline mode for a couple of days and everything worked as it should. You're not running any kind of optimisation apps or utilities which might be causing this are you?

Ok no worries - thanks for trying anyway.

No nothing else really runs on the phone besides web browser and facebook - which were on there before the problem occured. The weird thing is it's just this one playlist - all the others are fine.

I've contacted support anyhow to see if they know of anything else. If all else fails I might try exporting the song id's from this playlist and making a new - see if a fresh list works better.

OK. Make sure to reply to the automated response to speed things along and let me know how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

Im having the exact same problem as you, all playlists works fine except for one. when i click in on it it's just empty, but if i go online and start a song in the playlist, then go offline it works and i can change songs and scroll through them etc. But as soon as i switch and listen to another playlist, and try to enter the first one again, it's empty. Using a Samsung galaxy s2, newest spotify installed.

Same issue here, **bleep**ing annoying. Im NOT going to pay for this crap if this doesnt get resolved.

I've asked the Spotify guys to take a look at this issue.

Still working with support on this one. Resetting my devices didn't work so that wasn't a solution in my case.

One solution I found was to copy the songs from my broken playlist and then just make a new playlist and stick them in there. The new list downloaded correctly and works.

What I did notice was when I stuck the songs from the old to new playlist, there were a few songs (10 or so) that weren't listed/didn't copy. I'm wondering if there is paerhaps a loading/syncing/downloading issue with those tracks, which is stopping the whole list downloading.

I'm going to add a few of the missing tracks to the new playlist to see if I can break it. Could be fun - may not work - but whatever happens my playlist is working well enough that I can block people out and control my stress levels.

That's interesting although I'm still unsure why a playlist would simply not load because one or more tracks in it are broken. Anyway, good to know that your stress levels are back under control ๐Ÿ™‚

Haha cheers - trains are a pain in the a** without music.

It is odd - I just need to find a quick way of comparing it. My old playlist says there is 478 tracks, the carbon copy put in a new playlist apparently only has 464 tracks. Both of these are copied on a machine that has spotify open everyday online so it's always syncing.

Also the weird bit - if I select all the tracks in the old playlist, and copy them into notepad for example (the get the links i.e http://open.spotify.com/track/1XczdQt6RKNkEQfPqUsi3q) - there are only 464 lines of track names. That why I think somethings up between there being 464 tracks but reporting 478. Same on the phone to - 478 tracks in the old but 464 in the new

I solved it by copying all songs into a new playlist, seems to work fine so far. NOt sure if i lost any songs as you said though, wasnt smart enough to check that before i deleted the old one.

Yeah, that seemde to work for me aswell. Made a new playlist, copied all the songs to the new one and tried. Seems to work.

Suggested posts