Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist filter is not working

Playlist filter is not working

My English is not very good so i recorded my problem

https://youtu.be/n-GStsIjukw

46 Replies

It's fixed now.  Update just came through moments ago.  About time!

HOWEVER, as reported here, the shuffle turns off when a song is selected.

It's not fixed! 

The problem is still there with the filter. It plays the song I select but doesn't continue to play the songs that come after, instead it plays songs from the whole playlist.

In another thread on this topic I read that the playlist filter is now just a way of searching for a particular song so it seems this is being passed off as "intended behavour/improvement".

The bad things with that is that you have to make a lot of different playlist for different bands, when you easily could just search for them in the one playlist. I hope they change it back. 😕

Well that's a shame if it's intended. 😕

If this is the case then that is an awful UI decision by spotify. Though Spotify does have a history of forcing users to listen to music in an awkward way rather than how they actually want to.

The filter had been working for me until the last Spotify update and now it will play the first song from the filtered list but then just play from the unfiltered playlist for the next song - it is really annoying and frustrating that I'm dealing with this problem for the second time in as many months!

Suggested posts