Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist from NFC tag

Playlist from NFC tag

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Oneplus 7, Oneplus 6T, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone,

I'm currently experiencing a problem, and have searched the web far and wide but haven't found an answer.

The problem is the following: I'm trying to link a playlist to an nfc tag, so that when it's scanned the phone opens the playlist in question in the application. I've tried two types of links:

1: spotify:user: "Usercode":playlist:"Playlistcode":play

(Usercode is the code you can get from the desktop app in the share menu, end playlist code is also from the sharing link). 

2: the direct URL when you copy the link to share. 

Option 1 opens the app, but not the playlist, and option 2 opens the link in the default browser on the phone, but you'll manually need to click through to the app. The situation I'm looking for is that the playlist opens in the application. Is there any way to do this? And if you've found it, can you share your code? Please let me know!

5 Replies

pls delete

Android user here.

Using "NFC tools" on Google play and a blank NFC tag.

Use a COMPUTER or LAPTOP locate the song or playlist you'd like.

Tap the "..." Option and hover over the share icon + alt. The "copy uri" option should appear. (Not the URL)

Copy the URI example looks like --> Spotify:playlist:6qynjWriCh6LCqc64w9
If it has https anywhere in the text then you copied the URL not the URI

Open NFC tools

Click "write"

Add record

Custom URI

Paste your URI

Save

Write to tag.

Tag should now open your Spotify app directly to the song/playlist you selected.

Hi, it doesn't work for me, on my phone, it opens the website instead of the application 😕

Suggested posts