Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist goes back to the top

Playlist goes back to the top

Hi,

Just last week, I started playing my playlists, which has hundreds of songs while i was playing poker. While playing a song, if i want to choose a song to play right after, the playlist goes back to the top. This can be super annoying because if i have a song in mind while one is playing and the screen turns back, it doesn't stay to the original position and i have to scroll back down again. I have an Android HTC ONE. Please help

15 Replies

Hey, I got the same problem! It is super annoying, having to scroll down through hundred of songs to get to the bottom where the song i want to listen to lies. Also, why is it that spotify has removed the play/pausebutton from the ''screensaver-mode'', so that you have to ''open'' your phone everytime you wish to switch songs? It didn't use to be like that. But after a so-called ''update'' the app got way worse!
Say you are working out or whatever, it's annoying as hell!
I want the old mode back! 
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels it this way. 
Anyone got any tippers on how to fix it? 

I've got a Samsung S4

Dear spotify.
There is nothing good about this feature, it makes an otherwise loved and well working app so annoying that i actually avoid using spotify if i can.

Please and thank you.

I have a playlist with 400 songs and this "feature" is complete bull**bleep**. I can not actively control what song I want to be playing while driving because the playlist keeps jumping to the top if I take my hands off the phone or look at the GPS, or do ANYTHING AT ALL. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

@acpuma84 wrote:

Hi,

Just last week, I started playing my playlists, which has hundreds of songs while i was playing poker. While playing a song, if i want to choose a song to play right after, the playlist goes back to the top. This can be super annoying because if i have a song in mind while one is playing and the screen turns back, it doesn't stay to the original position and i have to scroll back down again. I have an Android HTC ONE. Please help

Thanks for your report. This will be fixed in the 4.1.0 release.

//Charlotta, QA at Spotify

This problem is back in the new version.

When I'm way down in a playlist, click on an artist and then click back to the playlist it doesn't go back to where I was before, but jumps back to the top and I have to scroll down again. Super annoying.

Yes happening to me too.

Happening to me on the desktop version now for two months. I should not have to use a program that makes me want to scream! You need to fix this immediately! I'm a paying premium member for two years and I seriously can't believe I'm paying for this incompetent programming.

It constantly does this for me on the Windows desktop version, too. Every time I want to have a look at the playlist, it jumps to the top and I have to scroll down through hundreds of tracks to find my position.

I also find it occasionally starts playing from the beginning of the playlist, especially if I am adding songs to the queue. I always have hundreds of tracks on my playlist, making this especially frustrating.

Same here, spotify you need to FIX THIS ASAP.

i just got my galaxy s8 and this is happening to me. ive been a premium member for years im very annoyed. if it doesnt get fixed ill be forced to find a different provider

I use Spotify in IOS and since the last update I have the same problem. 

It would be great if it gets fixed. 

Yip this is happening to me repeatedly. I am so sick of the endless glitches with spotify. They are primed for a mass migration as soon as a viable alternative comes along. PLEASE FIX THIS BEFORE GIVING US ANOTHER WORTHLESS AESTHETIC UPDATE!

Hi guys. Bearing in mind this seems to happen with large playlists, I suspect it is connected to the 100 track limit on the play queue. So you start a long playlist, the first 100 songs are added to the queue and selecting a track after position 100 will cause the issue you are seeing. There isn't a proper solution I can think of. You could clear the queue before selecting a new song or split large playlists but, probably, the best way forward is for one of you to post in the bugs or ideas section, linking bck to this thread. I recommend starting in the bugs section but they'll possibly claim this is not a bug but a "feature" in which case, move over to the ideas section.

Good luck!

I have always been queueing songs in my desired order of the list, even
blending song searches to the queue and other Playlist songs A more
personal flavor set by you!

This hasn't been an issue for me for a while so this is a bug imo. I'm not
a programmer but I can program and I know that squashing bugs can be like
playing whack-a-mole! It's been 'fixed' before. Fingers crossed it can be
fixed again.

Suggested posts