Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist has too many tracks for offline mode?

Playlist has too many tracks for offline mode?

I have a playlist that just went over 3000 tracks and now when it syncs it says "Too many tracks selected for offline mode". Is there a limit?

29 Replies

Is this something that is going to be changed? I think it's a bit ridiculous. There's millions of songs out there, how are we to not fall in love with more than 3,333? Not to bombard you personally, I just think it's a poor decision on the company's behalf

@zkmor10 wrote:

Is this something that is going to be changed? I think it's a bit ridiculous. There's millions of songs out there, how are we to not fall in love with more than 3,333? Not to bombard you personally, I just think it's a poor decision on the company's behalf

There is nothing to stop you having playlists well exceeding 3,333 tracks (in fact I have far far far more than that) the limit is only for offline tracks on your devices. 

3,333 tracks at approx 4 mins a track is 25 days + of music. Considering nothing is set in stone, you can easily swap which tracks you have stored offline anytime you have an internet connection. 

Unfortunately, due to licensing its not a feasible change in the near future according to the request topic

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is it 3,333 total tracks overall, or 3,333 per each indvidual playlist?  If it's the latter, why not just take the big playlist and divide it up into smaller playlists...Rock 1, Rock 2, etc....

Its 3,333 offline tracks per device (which playlist they are in doesn't matter).

Peter

I've just encountered this. "too many tracks selected for offline mode". Bummer.
Where can I find the info on how many offline tracks I already have?

Unfortunately, I think the only way to find out is to count playlist track numbers (which is a bit of a pain!).

Peter

I've finally gotten an Android device.  Do local tracks count against the 3,333 track limit?  Is there a general sync guide posted somewhere?  For example, I want to put my offline Beatles tracks on my device.

@Rollo_ wrote:

I've finally gotten an Android device.  Do local tracks count against the 3,333 track limit?  Is there a general sync guide posted somewhere?  For example, I want to put my offline Beatles tracks on my device.

Hi,

Good news. Locally synced music (your own mp3's etc) do not count toward the 3,333 device limit.l Sync away to your hearts content!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

That's news, but....  I'm stuck on "waiting to download"

@Rollo_ wrote:

That's news, but....  I'm stuck on "waiting to download"

Do you have enough storage available? Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts