Plan

Premium

Country 
Sweden

Device

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

The new way of ordering playlists has made making playlists impossible for me. I have hundreds of playlists and it's hard to find the ones you want because spotify randomly orders them.  You can order the playlists in the main list of playlists but when you are listening to a track and choose to add it to playlist then you get a randomly sorted list of playlists that you can't change the order on.  The playlists also switch places in the list so when you want to add a song to several playlists then the order can be switched around and you have to look through the whole list again. So basically the phone is useless for making playlists now so please change the sorting of playlists

62 Replies

spotify version 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638 on the Mac...

Hey @peedee-boy,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Just to clarify, the filter/sort options that are available for playlists in the mobile app aren't available in the desktop app, but no worries; to re order your playlists in the desktop app on your Mac, you just need to click and hold a playlist title to move it up or down.

You can find more info about sorting and filtering your playlists and music in this article.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I agree with you, and the playlist ordering and search functions of songs within playlist just got worse in May 2021. I am no longer able to "cmd + F" select a song, and exit out of the search before it deselects the song and drowns it back in the hundreds of songs in my playlist. I end of having to play the song, and scroll all the way down until I see the text in green that helps me locate where the song is. It is very frustrating. 

Also, If you try and select multiple songs in one playlist, then drag them to another playlist outside, it ends up deselecting All the songs you just manually selected. This is a problem because you'll have so many duplicates in different playlists. 

The marketing and development team did a terrible job designing this update. Good luck when you're competing against a Software development company like Apple Music. I am about to cancel my membership. 

Suggested posts