Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist radio sucks after the recent updates

Solved!

Playlist radio sucks after the recent updates

Is it just me or did Spotify completely mess up the playlist radio feature with the recent updates?

A few weeks ago I made a post here regarding the Playlist Radio feature was missing from the Windows client. They fixed this after a week or two but now it seems to be gone again. wth?

Also it seems the app doesn't remember up and down-votes on playlist radios at all. I've tried this with multiple playlists and really old songs that I know I've already downvoted a long time ago keeps appearing again. Yesterday I downvoted around 40-50 songs that was either downvoted before or already in the playlist.

Also the radio seems to be selecting music in completely different genres not at all related to original playlist.

What is going on, Spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is one of the reasons I'll never go Premium... Spotify constantly takes some of the best features and decide to screw them up in the name of improvments and updates.  The radio function worked 10x better than the crappy Spotify discover or recommendation features that always try to push 99% of stuff I'll NEVER listen to and can't stand.  Now when I want to discover music, I have to log into Amazon and Google. 

This new radio feature is horrible!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @herpladerp, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Marked as solution

This is one of the reasons I'll never go Premium... Spotify constantly takes some of the best features and decide to screw them up in the name of improvments and updates.  The radio function worked 10x better than the crappy Spotify discover or recommendation features that always try to push 99% of stuff I'll NEVER listen to and can't stand.  Now when I want to discover music, I have to log into Amazon and Google. 

This new radio feature is horrible!

@Loxer That's a nice way of saying "sorry not sorry." I love my premium account (especially the cost) but I'm not reluctant to say that whoever at Spotify was responsible for removing the Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down radio feature is a moron.

Also, I too find that when I generate "radio stations" (using this term verrrryyy loosely) for certain songs or artists, I just get a random melange of artists and songs I've Liked...which suggests to me that Spotify has no idea how to generate a radio station, and they are just playing it super safe by feeding me things I've already demonstrated I enjoy.

Thanks Spotify! 

Suggested posts