Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

It used to be easy as pie to filter a playlist down to songs by just typing the artist name or anything else into the search box.  Now it's hidden in the ellipsis menu, the search is no longer easy to find. I had to come here to work out how to find it.  I'm an IT geek and I couldn't find it. It makes no sense to hide the search in a playlist in that horrible menu full of other options!!

Also the functionality has changed.  If you search for a song in a playlist and choose a song, it only plays the one song you selected from the search results. Before I could search in a playlist (easily) and then it would keep playing the other songs from the filtered list.  Now you only get the one song and then it plays a random song from the playlist again.

Please put this back to how it was! It was perfect before. You could filter a playlist, press play and then it would play the songs that you had searched for. This is natural and my gran could understand it and use it.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies

I agree with you, fully. Unfortunately the lazy Spotify devs only fix stuff that hits more than 100 votes, so in order for this to even make it to their table please go and vote here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Playlists-Bring-Back-Mobile-Playlist-Sorting/idc...

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this frustration, I don't understand why it would have been changed when it was perfect the way it was before.  I have up-voted the post that you linked to.

Suggested posts