Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist shows up on desktop Spotify, but not on Android or devices tab

Playlist shows up on desktop Spotify, but not on Android or devices tab

Hey everyone. I started having this problem this evening when I attempted to create a playlist of the local files I wanted to add to my phone. For my other music (stuff that's available through Spotify) I don't use playlists, I just add everything to my music and make all songs available offline. Anyways, I created a folder labeled "Local Stuff." It synced at first, but I noticed two songs on it were still gray, so I deleted the playlist and created a new one. That's where everything went wonky. Now I don't see any of my playlists on my phone. The "make your first playlist!" shows up under the playlists tab on my phone, even though I have playlists already made (and they show up on my desktop Spotify). These playlists also don't show up under Devices > Nexus 5 (my phone) when syncing. I have done the following:

Cleared the cache, uninstalled Spotify, shut off the phone, reinstalled it

Deleted Spotify from my computer and reinstalled it

I know I'm logging into the same account. It's not a connection issue because my phone shows up as a device in the desktop version of Spotify. My playlists show up (and work) on the desktop version, but not on my phone or in the sync window. Any playlists I make on the phone don't show up on my desktop version. The "your music" feature still works because I'm downloading my music as I type. I just want to sync a playlist that has my local files.

I have a Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 (KitKat). I use a Macbook running 10.9.4 (Mavericks). Spotify is up to date on both devices. Please help. 

1 Reply

It's issues with Spotify's servers.

@xSarabean wrote:

Hey everyone. I started having this problem this evening when I attempted to create a playlist of the local files I wanted to add to my phone. For my other music (stuff that's available through Spotify) I don't use playlists, I just add everything to my music and make all songs available offline. Anyways, I created a folder labeled "Local Stuff." It synced at first, but I noticed two songs on it were still gray, so I deleted the playlist and created a new one. That's where everything went wonky. Now I don't see any of my playlists on my phone. The "make your first playlist!" shows up under the playlists tab on my phone, even though I have playlists already made (and they show up on my desktop Spotify). These playlists also don't show up under Devices > Nexus 5 (my phone) when syncing. I have done the following:

Cleared the cache, uninstalled Spotify, shut off the phone, reinstalled it

Deleted Spotify from my computer and reinstalled it

I know I'm logging into the same account. It's not a connection issue because my phone shows up as a device in the desktop version of Spotify. My playlists show up (and work) on the desktop version, but not on my phone or in the sync window. Any playlists I make on the phone don't show up on my desktop version. The "your music" feature still works because I'm downloading my music as I type. I just want to sync a playlist that has my local files.

I have a Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 (KitKat). I use a Macbook running 10.9.4 (Mavericks). Spotify is up to date on both devices. Please help. 

Suggested posts