Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist starts over after one song

Playlist starts over after one song

When controlling Spotify using connect and playing a Playlist, the playlist starts over from the beginning after one song finishes. This only occurs if the playlist is started or controlled from an android device. Playlists function normally in the Windows app. This is a severe bug for me as it prevents me from using the playlists function altogether in most cases. 

10 Replies

Yes, this bug has been live for a good while now and it is certainly annoying. 

I wish the Spotify dev team could get their **bleep** together. I don't know about the other platforms but the Android app just keeps getting buggier and more unusable. Unfortunately I haven't seen any indication that this company cares about the quality of their software for years. The only reason I still stick around is that their catalogue is the most complete for the music I tend to listen to, at least last time I checked. But it's like trying to drive a car where parts keep falling off and it's approaching a tipping point for me. Might give Deezer a go.

Same problem, but not only when controlled from an Android divice. Same thing happens when controlled from iOs or another windows device. 

But: this only happens with 1 playlist. Not the other 7. 

I make playlists by genre/mood, so the lists are quite long; at least several hundred songs. The problemlist is almost 800 songs (should be even longer, but I quit filling it). I do not know if this is a trigger. 

Worst thing; I only play in alphabetical order (songtitle) because the shuffle in Spotify is the worst in history. Both ways I'm **bleep**...

Likewise.  So frustrating.   My playlist is 5000+ songs, favorited, and am trying to go through them to whittle it down to another playlist of less heard songs, but continuously have to scroll, scroll, scroll to get back to the middle of the playlist playing in alphabetically order.   Help!

Same problem, on iOs and windows. I play my liked music in alphabetical order, but as of the last week I will play 1-2 songs and it will start over from A, no matter where I start it from. Really frustrating because I essentially can't listen to any music.

Hey @grapenutsman and @mnheath8

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We've created an ongoing issue which sounds exactly like what you've experienced and it'd be great if you'd take a look at it by clicking here. Make sure to follow the steps in the Status Update and, if you're still experiencing what you reported even after following the steps, make sure to add your vote (by clicking +VOTE) as well as to leave a comment with the required info to be notified about any updates on this.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario.

Early indications are that the clean re-install seems to have fixed it. Thanks very much!

GNM

I’ve been having that same issue as well on iOS. I thought it was something I was doing in my account cause it just happened out of nowhere. The playlist I mainly use is my liked songs so I don’t really have it in any specific order but if I try to listen to an older song it’ll take it back to the beginning and then I have to go through my list again and again. It’s very annoying

Actually, it didn't work have the clean re-install. 😞

Gregg

Actually I take that back.   It didn't work.

I'm having the same problem. Playlists just keep starting over after one or two songs. I have already done a clean re-install and it seemed to have worked, but a day or so later it started again. The issue Mario linked to says it only happens with the Liked Songs list, but for me it happens with all of them.

Suggested posts