Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist stuck on "Waiting to Download" (Trying to play local files on mobile)

Solved!

Playlist stuck on "Waiting to Download" (Trying to play local files on mobile)

I wanted to be able to play my local files on my phone.

So I made a playlist on Spotify on my desktop.. Put all the songs on it.. I even chose "Available Offline" on my desktop.

Then I went on my android device (Note 2), select "Available Offline", and now it's stuck on "Waiting on Download"..

I was thinking the problem MIGHT be that I do not have an external internet in my apartment.. What internet I have on my desktop it's tethered to my phone's 4G network. So it's not desktop and phone connect to one network per se.. but my desktop connecting to my phone, which connects to a 4G network. I dont know if this is what's causing the problem.

Please help!

67 Replies

I had the same issue. I logged out and back in and everythign startred working.

The solution is quite easy, when you are on the same wifi network, it will start downloading the offline / local files, if you are not, it will not work most of the times, so when downloading, try to be on the same network, not in 2 different locations.

hope it helps.

Somehow this fixed my issue (waiting to download). I have two wifi networks
in my house, Spotify will only download on one of them. Unfortunately, it
only downloads on my secondary network. Is there anyway to set a preferred
network in Spotify?

Thank you in advance!

same problem is this solved yet?  Using windows 7, I Phone 4s, i reinstalled both apps, checked and temporarily disabled my firewall, logged out logged in... no luck, it wont sych my local files on my PC.  Both are on, on a home network. 

If you've tried everything else ... make double sure both the computer and
the mobile are connected to the same SSID and are on the same frequency.
Try disabling mobile data on the phone to make sure both the phone and the
computer are on the exact same WiFi SSID.

Also make sure both versions are up to date of course.

It worked for me pretty seamlessly. My only hiccup was that my phone was on
the wrong network. With new devices using 5.8ghz networks natively, I would
switch both devices to the same 2.4ghz wifi connection. This seems to work
the best for transferring Spotify stuff as 2.4ghz has a longer range
(thought it's a bit slower than 5.8g).

Best of luck
Marked as solution

bro, i had the same problem, none of these solutions were working,...
i just restarted my phone
and on my laptop i went to firewall settings and i gave permission local and public to spotify.exe
open the app again and those tracks started...

Mate, you're a legend.

PLEAAASSEEE HELP!! I just really want to listen to some Tool so i bought the albums and synced them to my Spotify but the album is stuck on 'Waiting to Download'. I've tried everything everyone has said (Firewall permissions, storage clearout, network discovery, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, deactivating the firewall)...if anyone has a solution it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

I have this problem too but i did 1 thing to fix this

just allow spotify.exe on your private both public and private.

If you have some kind of firewall on your Android (my Android tablet is rooted and i have Firewall PK+ installed) try disabling it. If that solves your problem then make sure you allow Spotify to access the wi-fi from your Android firewall and re-enable it.

And also your PC's firewall.. it was the on; problem i had

Chwck PC's Firewall or disablw it temporarily

Marked as solution

What fixed this for me using Windows 10 trying to Sync to Android

was allowing spotify through the windows firewall

1. Open up Windows Firewall eighter from control panel or just straight from quick menu

2. Navigate to 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall'

3. Hit 'Change Settings' and then 'Allow another app...'

-Now if spotify doesn't automatically appear in the 'apps' list do the following

4. Hit 'Browse' and navigate to your spotify folder by default i'm pretty sure it should be in the AppData/Roaming/Spotify 
-If you don't know how to navigate to that folder you can open run in windows by hitting the 'windows key + r ' and typing ' %appdata% ' and copy the file location

5. Pick the Spotify Application and click 'add' under the 'add an app' window.

This is what fixed it in the end for me, i hope this helps anyone that might see this post having similar issues 🙂

I had this same problem and tried everything mentioned here- I had both boxes checked under spotify.exe in the "allow an app through windows firewall" however I did not realise that the box that came before the name of the app was not checked (although all the others were- so watch out for this, nearly caught me out!)

My solution was to completely disable Windows Firewall on Private Networks.   Spotify.exe was in the Firewall exceptions list, but something else must need to be bypassed.

Hi thanks so much for the reply! I sorted this out about 6 months ago so should probably close the thread!

Thanks again!

Any idea how to do this but on Windows 10?

And after I do all that, and it still doesn't work, what then?

This fixed it for me. Made a username here just to say that. Thanks.

Suggested posts