Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist stuck on "Waiting to Download" (Trying to play local files on mobile)

Solved!

Playlist stuck on "Waiting to Download" (Trying to play local files on mobile)

I wanted to be able to play my local files on my phone.

So I made a playlist on Spotify on my desktop.. Put all the songs on it.. I even chose "Available Offline" on my desktop.

Then I went on my android device (Note 2), select "Available Offline", and now it's stuck on "Waiting on Download"..

I was thinking the problem MIGHT be that I do not have an external internet in my apartment.. What internet I have on my desktop it's tethered to my phone's 4G network. So it's not desktop and phone connect to one network per se.. but my desktop connecting to my phone, which connects to a 4G network. I dont know if this is what's causing the problem.

Please help!

67 Replies

You mean we are able to transfer local files that are on phone to spotify, directly without the use of PC? I'm using a Samsung S6. But only a few songs are greyed out and can't be downloaded on my phone, other songs that are in my PC can still be played on my phone. 

Now it gets confusing. Format type? Are the files all the same format? Are
the files all under the same folder?

Yea, they were all mp3s and under the same folder..

Thank you this is what solved the issue for me

I'm trying to download my song from Itunes to my Samsung J7 V, and I can see every song I have in a playlist on iTunes even with the edited titles so I would think it would download them from my itunes account, not my computer. I don't have or plan to get WiFi or any way to connect the internet on my computer and phone any time soon. Do I really have to go through all that trouble? Can I really not just download it from my itunes account independent of my computer?

The only way is as described here.

I believe the only way to do it is to have them kn the same network. Your
computer and phone must be connected some how. A wlan is the only way, I
believe. Could be the format?

GUYS I FINALLY FIX IT!! (GETTING LOCAL FILES TO OTHER DEVICES) the Spotify instructions said both pc and the device must be connected to the same internet right? So what I did was INSTEAD.. of using the home WiFi.. try to use your mobile hotspot and connect to your pc then add the local file back into the playlist and it the download.. 

Suggested posts