Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists are empty, artist pages are blank and music won't play.

Solved!

Playlists are empty, artist pages are blank and music won't play.

Plan

Premium (Shared family plan paid by my son's account)

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A10

Operating System

Android 11 One UI ver 3.1

My Question or Issue

As per title, since performing a software update on my phone on Friday 30th September, Spotify no longer works. My son has troubleshooted the issue to my phone as logging on to his Spotify account on my phone has the same problem, and logging into my account on his computer has no issues.

My son has performed a clean install of Spotify on my phone, deleting all cache and data folders before installing again, as well going through all permissions making sure Android/Samsung isn't somehow blocking Spotify from accessing internet via mobile data/Wi-Fi or file access, even though I don't download songs from Spotify onto my device.

Nothing seems to work and I'm not sure what it could be.

308713606_463770439114694_5690802685099231862_n.jpg
309796762_1790287867974833_7270411472266626527_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have fixed my issue and I hope this will fix everyone else's too.

Uninstall Spotify.
Go to your advanced storage settings and unmount your SD card.
Install Spotify.
Verify it is working as normal again.
Mount your SD card.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

I'm having the same issue with the same phone, but located in France. So frustrating! Please fix this.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You've done an amazing job with the troubleshooting so far.

Could you confirm you're experiencing the same issue with a different account on the same mobile device? Also check with a different mobile device and your account. Try switching the internet connections as well, e.g. between Wi-Fi and mobile data.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I got the same phone and the same problem I've tried everything to fix it but it does not work.

Same issue - Samsung A10, updated Android, now Spotify having issues with playlists and podcasts in particular

Hey folks!

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

This type of case usually happens when the device has some damaged cache stored from previous updates. First, and in case you haven't done it yet, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

In case the issue persists, would you mind checking if it happens on a different device?

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi - Thanks for the reply. Tried uninstalling, no joy

Phone is Samsung A10 (sm a105fn/ds).

OS is 11, updated on the 4th of Oct.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

Hi, yes I have done clean installs multiple times deleting any Spotify cache folders in the Android file directory before downloading and installing again, both checking internal storage and memory card storage (at least my son did, he is more tech savvy than me).
My son tried his account on my phone and did not work, yet when he logged my account onto his phone and his computer, my account was working as normal on those two devices but not mine.

Samsung Galaxy A10
Android 11 (One UI Version 3.1)
Spotify version 8.7.72.546

Marked as solution

I have fixed my issue and I hope this will fix everyone else's too.

Uninstall Spotify.
Go to your advanced storage settings and unmount your SD card.
Install Spotify.
Verify it is working as normal again.
Mount your SD card.

Star, that worked. Much appreciated 

Oops, worked for a bit after I did the uninstall, unmount, reinstall,
remount but then I'm guessing storage downloaded to the SD card and it
fried it's brains again. Went in this morning and no playlists again.

Hey there @Jonnyhotrod,

Sorry to hear that this solution didn't last for long.

You can try changing the default storage location of your Spotify app to your phone's internal storage. You can do this from Settings > Storage > Choose internal storage and restart the app.

It's also worth checking if the app works better with another SD card, since SD card errors can sometimes cause issues like this.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hi

Sure, but phone memory doesn't have as much space which is why I have an sd
card. This worked fine until Android update.

Cheers

Jonny

Hi @Jonnyhotrod,

Thanks for the reply.

I read your previous post about the update. Sometimes when the OS updates, especially on Samsung phones performance and battery optimization services kick in. Those often clear app cache daily, which can sometimes break Spotify. 

Can you go into your phone's settings and make sure that Battery optimization is switched off for Spotify and that Samsung Device Care doesn't affect Spotify. You can check how to do this here under the Clean Memory section. Device care, can clear app data and cache, which causes similar issues when deleted. 

On another note, I know it's not always easy to have maintain a lot of free space on your phone's internal memory, but in general Spotify and other apps require at least 1 GB of free space to function properly.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

I am having the exact same issues with a Redmi Note 9. The issue also began after the update to Android 11. I have tried all of the above mentioned fixes to no avail. 

Hey @Jsnodgrass8386,

Welcome to the thread!
Does the issue disappear for you as well if you take the SD card out?
On another note - have you tried performing a normal quick reinstall or the more thorough complete clean reinstall, mentioned by @OscarDC?

You can try going to SD Card>Android>data. If you see a com.spotify.music folder - delete it. You can do the same with Internal Storage>Android>data.
If none of these help you out, do let us know, but also keep in mind that your what you're experiencing may be connected to this Ongoing Issue we have under investigation 🙂

Keep us posted!
Thanks!

VasilModerator

Hi - I have almost the same problem.
My premium spotify works on my PC and laptop as usual.
But on my mobile phones - I have 3 different ones - I cannot play music.
I can see my playlists but they are empty.
It is not possible to play music in the Spotify app.
The error occurred approximately on 5/11-22 and applies to 3 different types of Samsung mobile phones on which I have the APP.
On an older samsung, the APP and the lists work without problems.
On the other hand, it has not been updated for 2-3 years, as it cannot be updated and used as a "car" device.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your input so far.

We have an ongoing issues thread about this here, so in case what @SHutch73 suggested in their solution doesn't do the trick for you, feel free to check out the thread and Subscribe to stay tuned. We'll keep you posted there as soon as we have any new info to share.

The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts