Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists pretend to sync, then wont play songs, then go away

Playlists pretend to sync, then wont play songs, then go away

I've paid for Spotify for over a year now and in general have loved it. In my opinion, though, the only reason for really paying for it is Offline mode, yet since this last update I've been having serious issues with Spotify.

Before the update, the app never logged me out, but after everytime I want to go onto spotify I have to login through Facebook, which I found peculiar to say the least. Then, I noiced all my playlists were no longer available offline. I realized it was because of the update, so I went ahead and had it start syncing them, and figured there was no problem. They all appeared to be downloading.

A few hours later, when I wanted to listen to my music, I went to open Spotify up, and, lo and behold, I had been logged out. "Weird," I thought, and then I logged back in, to discover that none of my playlists were downloaded and that they were set back to offline mode.

"Wash, rinse, repeat" repeatedly, for the past two weeks or so. When the "downloaded" icon appears next to a song, it wont even play that song. I've been working a painting job which is really annoying without something to break the monotony, in an area where cell phone signal is spotty at best. It works fine online, but I need it offline, and it is simply not working. I went onto the forums and found the android issue thread, and went through the cache clearing process, uninstallation, removing SD card: everything, but nothing worked. So, please.. help. If I have to spend another day on a sweltering hot roof painting with no music I might lose it and throw my roller like a javelin.

(side note: is there any way to contact customer service besides the email form? Because as far as I'm concerned this has been a month where the service I have been paying for has been unusable. I mean, I love the software to death and it has never let me down before, but I'm not paying for a month of something that doesn't work)

1 Reply

Definitely sounds annoying, what version of android are you using?

You can also tweet support @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts