Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

Basically what the title says. Right now I have a total of 321 songs marked to be downloaded, however they're not downloading at all. I get the download bar both in the app and in the notifications, but it's stuck at 0%. I already reinstalled the app multiple times, cleared caches of all sorts and restarted every device that can be restarted. I'm not in offline mode either. I managed to get like 3 or 4 songs to download by repeatedly turning Wi-Fi on my phone on and off, but I doubt that's the intended route, and even that's barely working at all. I'm on Spotify Version 8.5.9.737. Also it worked perfectly fine just last week, and I haven't made any changes to my phone, router or whatever else you're gonna suggest, so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't on my end.

Sincerely.

3 Replies

Hey @notcorbert.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Here's how you can sync your music for Offline use.

1. Import your local files to Spotify using the desktop app (see "Desktop" instructions above).
  2. Add the files to a playlist.
  3. Log in on your mobile or tablet using the same WiFi network as your desktop app.
  4. Select the playlist containing the local files.
  5. Switch on Download.

Didn’t work?

If after adding them to the desktop app you don’t see them on your mobile or tablet, check the following:

• You're logged in to the same account on both your desktop and your mobile or tablet.
  • Your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
  • You have the latest version of the Spotify app installed (on both devices).
  • Your device's firmware is up-to-date. 

Note: Files or downloads from illegal sources are not permitted.

Spotify supports the following file types: 

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

The iTunes lossless format (M4A) is not supported.

We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog.

Some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

This is not what I'm talking about at all lol. Seriously, the support you get on this site is horrific at times, I wish you'd at least take the time to look at what the users are posting before copy/pasting your solutions.

I never mentioned local files, this is about your ordinary Spotify playlists. They play perfectly fine, too, it's just that I can't download them.

To give you an actual update though, since I posted this thread Spotify downloaded about 50 songs, so it does in fact seem to work, just reaaaally really slow. It's definitely not my connection, downloading anything else works without trouble at the usual speed.

Suggested posts