Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please go online to connect to Spotify

Please go online to connect to Spotify

I was listening to my playlist today. I wasn't in my house so I had the Offline Sesion ON. Then, suddenly, I was logged out without any warning. I tried to relog and it said "You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect to Spotify.". I hit "Connect" and the same message pops up instantly. I did the same process connected via WiFi with the same results. I did restart my phone a couple of times.

I really don't want to have to reinstall the app because I have over 10 GBs of music downloaded and it will be a pain in the **bleep** download everything again 😞

Any help?

btw, I can't post screenshots of the pop up because the logscreen won't allow you to do it

30 Replies

Same problem here...this happens daily!! I understand that you are Sweedish, Spotify...but please dont let all de sweeden-jokes Norwegians have about you become a reality! Because this whole problem is a joke!! FIX!!!

I was having the same problem when trying to download a playlist on iPhone. Constantly said “go online to download”. I did the following 1) checked that the app was allowed to go online in iPhone setting (yes) 2). Checked that I was not in offline mode in Spotify (correct). 3). Toggled the download button in my playlist (done) 4). Turn off/on my phone, Spotify etc. nothing helped. Then, when I was in the play list with the message “go online to download” I tapped one of the greyed our download icons next to the song title (the tiny circle with the down arrow). A pop up came up that said something like “your settings don’t allow you to go online (or something like that)” with a button that said “go online (can’t remember the exact words). I clicked it and it immediately started downloading...

I have the same problem. What to do?

I am having the same problem and IT'S SO ANNOYING SPOTIFY! Please fix this. Re-installing the app is definitely NOT a solution!!! 

The only plausible thing would be for all of us to cancel our subscriptions
and let them loose millions.. Only then they would start to apologise and
sort it out!!

First time I happened to me.  

It is incredible to have in-market such a bad app with a paid service.  Annoying messages, local files feature failing randomly, playlist unsyc... and now this.

I don't know what is worse: having this issues happening to us or going to the Community forum to discover that those are "known issues" for a long time.

Surely canceling accounts will make this company go back and fix these issues in not more than 2 seeks (really, they are not that complex) but It wouldn't happen and Spotify knows it...  

Is there a legal instance where we can comply and force Spotify not only to cancel our accounts but to give a full refund!  That will make them react.  If anyone knows about such instance let us know to start acting.

Someone may say "hey if you don't like the service cancel it, nobody is forcing you" and the comment is valid but by doing that we will let a company to rip off millions of U$.

Found a solution.

Had same problem on my Android..quite annoying. I went into device settings-apps-spotify-storage-clear cache-clear data-close settings. Returned to Spotify app, signed back in...and it worked! Playlists seems to be intact.

It has been happening to me as well.

For me, it worked again after disabling the offline mode in the settings file, which is to find in:

/data/data/com.spotify.music/files/settings/orbit.settings

open the file and change the line

{"offline_mode":true}

to

{"offline_mode":false}

and save it.

You need root permission to edit the file

Same problem 

Clear cache, clear storage the only way I could get into the app. So annoying, now have the fun of downloading everything, again. 

Suggested posts