Podcast don't stay offline

Highlighted

Podcast don't stay offline

ticked_off
Casual Listener
Hey I love the new podcast offered however after spending a long while downloading them last night and the night before on my wifi when I go to work to listen since wifi isnt offered I turn on my spotify offline ... they are no longer avaliable offline. I tested to see if they just didn't actually download by downloading a few and turning all connections off they were still green. Yet not 5 min later on the subway nothing is green anymore. This is really irritating I really don't want to have to go back to.using my ipod for everything but looks I might have to.
66 Replies

Re: Podcast don't stay offline

supesfan
Casual Listener

I'm having a similar issue. I try to save data by downloading podcasts from wifi to play later in offline mode. My podcasts will only say "this episode is not available".  If I turn off offline mode it will play but consume data. This doesn't happen in my other podcast app. Frustrating because I love Spotify so much and I want to be able to listen to my music and podcasts from one app.

kevtiller

me too. it seems insane! (am using on android)

MJGmorrison
I have exactly the same problem. I download the podcasts and then when I put my phone on airlpane mode, they stay for a while, but out of nowhere they aren't available offline anymore. The strange thing is that it says, that it is downloaded

Musical-Em
Casual Listener
Same here. Samsung galaxy A3 running latest android

Tkover
Casual Listener
Same here. My downloads stay offline as long as I am listening to a cast. If I stay offline, podcasts might show as "downloaded" but I think they are still streamed since my mobile data is used a lot!
This issue does not affect my songs,only podcasts
Using Sony E5823/Z5 Compact; Android 6.0.1; Spotify 5.5.0.653
I've tried to clear cache, reinstall. No storage issues +16 GB. I'm using custom equaliser; Streaming Automatic Quality; Download Extreme Quality

nicov
Same issue with podcasts offline. I download my podcast recordings and it doesn't matter if I select offline or not, I can't open any of the downloaded podcasts. The app says unavailable

morumue
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same issue. Will someone from spotify react to this???

Lujik01
Same problem here, it's driving my insane!! Why won't Spotify reply to these posts??????

Doopvvee
Not having the same issue on my LG G4. I just downloaded a few pod casts and then turned off my wifi and data to my phone and I could listen to any of the podcasts I downloaded.
SUGGESTED POSTS