Plan:
Premium
Czech republic

Device
Samsung galaxy S8
Operating System
Android 9.0

My Question or Issue
I have been listening to downloaded podcasts offline for some time, i always downloaded about 20 episodes at once and there was no problem with it, i just scrolled and touched download button on multiple tracks and let it download. However, lately when i hit the download button, the app slowed down so much, it wasnt possible to scroll until the track has finished downloading. This meant I had to manually download each track one by one which took a really long time. Yesterday, when i started downloading podcast tracks, each time i hit the downlad button on any track, the track list start to glitch up and down and the app is not responding until the track is downloaded. After that, it displays start or end of the list which is really frustrating since i have to manually find where i ended in 450 episodes. I have tried logging off, uninstalling, clearing chache and memory, removing excesive episodes from downlads, nothing helped. 
3 Replies

Hi there @GyrusCinguli,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but just to confirm, did you follow these steps? Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't make any difference, could you try downloading the episodes while using a different Internet connection? Additionally, can you let us know how much storage space you have available?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello and thanks for replying.

Yes, i have followed exactly those steps. I have tried to download episodes connected to multiple wifi connections but it went exactly the same way. 

I have 12GB of storage space left on mobile storage, and 2 GB of storage left on SD card. 

While waiting for reply, i scrolled further away through the list of issues and found more people had similar issuses under name "podcast filter glitch", but their issue was resolved by clean reinstall and update. I have the newest version of spotify and followed the steps but the problem persisted.

Hey @GyrusCinguli

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on your phone?

You mentioned that you're using an SD card. In this case, we suggest that you remove it > restart your phone > reinstall the app and check if that makes the difference. 

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your phone has any pending updates.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts