Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast is downloaded but needs internet to play

Solved!

Podcast is downloaded but needs internet to play

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 4 XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I was listening to a Joe Rogan episode that I had downloaded and it stopped playing while I was running. (Where I live the service is spotty so I always download my podcasts.) I then experimented and found that for JRE, since it's a video podcast, even if it's downloaded you have to have service/internet to listen. I was unable to find an audio-only playback mode, so am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe I found the solution on another Spotify FAQ page. To listen audio only with your downloaded file, you need to put the app into offline mode.

Edit: Here is the link that I used

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @Vfoss,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following the exact steps described in this support article. Make sure you also clear the app cache.

When you've downloaded a podcast for offline listening, you should be able to play the sound even without internet connection. Note that no video will be downloaded.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

I believe I found the solution on another Spotify FAQ page. To listen audio only with your downloaded file, you need to put the app into offline mode.

Edit: Here is the link that I used

Hi again @Vfoss,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you with the Community. Sure other users would appreciate that.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts