Premium

Country

US

Device

Nokia 6.1

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Not sure if this is the right place. I have a 2015 Silverado, and I've always been able to use the forward and back track selection on my steering wheel in podcasts which activated forward and backward 15 seconds. This feature was great if you wanted to skip through an introduction or through portions of a podcast that are review from the last episode. Lately, its been activating forward and back and entire episode. Can anybody help me, what happened to this being default? This was working correctly until about a week ago. It must've been a recent update, because I noticed that now theres the car play screen. I tried turning the car view off in the app, but this doesn't fix my issue.

13 Replies

Hey there @Hannibal802,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Our tech teams are aware and currently looking into this. We'd recommend heading over to this Ongoing Issue report and adding your +VOTE there. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on. 

It'd be also helpful to let us know the requested details in a comment in that thread.

Hope this helps clarify things! Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

This still isn't working for me. Not fixed

I've made a feature request for this functionality to be added (again?) if anyone wants to upvote it

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Auto-Podcasts-Enable-skipping-podcasts-bac...

I see that this thread is from 2019 but I have the same problem in 2021. 

I recently changed my phone (from XiaoMi Redmi 4 to Redmi 9) and suddenly all my podcasts forward the whole episode instead of the 15 seconds that I was used to. That problem is just in the car and it was working fine with my previous phone. 

Please help! 

Hey @mellindor,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you send us a screenshot of how your Now Playing view looks like when you're in Car Mode?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Yes, of course. Here it is! 

IMG_20210618_125818.jpg

Hi there @mellindor,

Thank you for your reply and for your screenshot.

Can you let us know if they always missing or if it occurs when you connect your device to bluetooth for an example?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@jeremy I don't understand what you mean. Nothing is missing. The problem is that the 15-seconds-skip doesn't work in my car via Bluetooth. The < and > buttons forward or rewind the whole podcast episode instead. 

I haven't had any problems on my laptop/PC because I don't use the 15-seconds-skip therr. 

Hi there @mellindor

Thanks for the clarification. 

In this case, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone following the steps here. This process is more thorough than a normal one. 

If a clean reinstall using that guide didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for the answer. 

When I do the reinstall, do I uninstall Spotify only from my phone (where the problem is) or from my laptop and computer as well? 

Hey @mellindor

Thanks for your reply. 

Not to worry. If the issue is only affecting your phone, you can perform the clean reinstall only on this device. 

Let us know if you notice anything new. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

there is an active post on that - which for *unknown* reason Spotify guys marked it as Solved - which is *NOT TRUE !!!*

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/June-2021-update-broke-skip-15s-for-Bluetooth-headphones/td...

Hey @7xc3-s9or_tlj,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

In case you experience this issue it's a good idea to give the steps @Eni mentioned a go to check if anything changes.

We'd suggest you also try with another account to see if the issue persists. Does that make a difference?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts