NEXT STEP

Podcast with video not playing in background

Podcast with video not playing in background

Plan Premium

Country USA

Device Samsung S8

Operating System Android 9

My Question or Issue

While attempting to play an episode of the MISFITS podcast ep 101, I stuck my phone in my pocket to let it just play through my headphones and not on screen. However it immediately paused and couldn't be started from the lock screen despite pressing the play button. The same pause occurs when my phone is unlocked amd I press the home button to minimize spotify. This problem only persisted for episodes with video, not those without.

8 Replies

Hey, I had the exact same issue, just googled it and ended up here. You're not alone. Hope it's not just a way to force people to watch the video for video ads or something. 

Same problem, for technical notes I'm using a Samsung S9.

Android auto also doesn't work with podcast including videos

Hey,

I may have a solution for your Problem on your android device. Here is the post that I found on your problem, scroll down the post till you see the Steps for it to may work, and do the steps. Maybe you have that Problem because of your background activity / battery save options 

Hope I could help you and let me know if it works. Have a nice day ;D

I'm not seeing a link to any post in your reply?

Sorry I needed to edit my message, because I used no link and I wrote something that was on another website because that was from the first post I saw about that, but now I corrected it because I did my research again and found something from Samsung about that and maybe it helps.

Appreciate the effort but this didn't work for me. I'm on Android version 10 and this feature used to work fine but only recently (~48 hours ago) has Spotify failed to keep playing podcasts w/ incorporated video when minimized. I believe this is a problem within the Spotify app itself and I hope it isn't intentional as it mirrors YouTube features. 

Okay I tried the podcast with the video on an android phone and it works for me but I found a post with the same problem and the problem got fixed, so here is the post and maybe it can help you.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your messages. We're happy to help.

We suggest you to do the following:

• Log in on another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app

It would also be great if you could send us a screen recording of what's going on. It will help us understand more what's going on directly from your side.

We'll keep an eye open for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts