Podcasts glitching.. Unable to listen

Plan Premium

Country USA

Device

LG Stylo 4

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

Music plays fine but I am unable to play any podcasts without them glitching out. I have restarted my phone and reinstalled the app but it didn't help.

10 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm using a LG Q70 Android.  Music works great but downloaded podcasts are all choppy and so are the ones I just try listening to on wifi.

Frustrating!!

Same here, tried all the mentioned fixes. Only podcasts, music is fine. Downloaded or not...
Premium, LG Q6, Germany

I too am experiencing this problem 😕

Has anyone here got this fixed? I've been having this problem for weeks now. It's annoying. I'm backed up with my episodes. I mean, I could play them with other platforms of course, but I am paying for this app for a reason. 

Unfortunately, the only way I can get it to work is if I play it over bluetooth.

Having the same problem. It only seems to be trouble for my phone speaker though. Audio sounds fine coming out of my computer and when I plug in my headphones everything is perfect

Same here, listening online on android phone, music works without problems, podcasts keep pausing and restarting randomly (begining this week). Cleaning cache, logging out, reinstalling, restarting phone, changing battery settings did not solve this issue.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts. We're happy to help.

Would you mind trying the following:

• Perform a clean reinstall of the app (if you haven't tried that already)
  • Try with another internet connection
  • Log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists

Also - can you let us know if this occurs on a specific podcast or all the podcasts you're listening to?

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye open for your replies.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your suggestions, clean restart or different internet connection doesn't change the pausing of the podcasts. It is like this for all the podcasts I tried. The only thing I found out is, that when the phone connected to the charger, the podcasts work perfectly ok, so I guess it has to be some phone battery saving setting (I am on a Huawei P9 Lite) but I tried everything to change it and it did not work.

Best 🙂

L.

Hey @luuca,

Thank you for your reply and for confirming the steps you've taken.

It does sound possible that it's connected to your battery saving settings. You should be able to check that by going to Phone settings > Battery > Launch and then set your app to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.

It's also a good idea to check if Spotify is set an exception if you have any anti virus or performance enhancing apps.

Lastly, we recommend you to try to log in with another account if it's possible, to see if the issue persists. 

Just to be sure - do you have the latest Android version?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts