Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts no longer an option on "Your Library" page

Podcasts no longer an option on "Your Library" page

Today when I went to use Spotify in my Android App to listen to a Podcast I follow, the option of "Podcasts" no longer appeared on my "Your Library" page. Usually that's how I navigate to the Podcasts I follow quickly. But now to find the Podcasts I follow I literally have to manually search for them since they're not aggregated anywhere any longer.

Has that happened to anyone else? Seems kind of silly to remove Podcasts from that menu when you have Playlists, Stations, Songs, Albums, Artists, and Videos all listed out still.

22 Replies

Yes same has happened to me today. Can't be doing with this, come on Spotify, what's going on?

Same here

Honestly just forget spotify for podcasts just use sticher

also whats the deal with newbie i listen for 9 hours a day.

Same problem. I mean why would Spotify even change this? Do they seriously not want us to browse podcasts? Removing such a basic option is not only user unfriendly but completely illogical as it renders the following option for podcasts useless. This terrible at so manh levels. I listen to podcasts 50% of the time when using Spotify. If this is not fixed soon I will quit my subscription. I cannot justify paying for a service that doesn't even allow for such simple option as browsing followed podcasts.

This feels all too similar to the way the spoty devs like to kill features, make it hard to use then claim not enough people use it.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to listen to podcasts on the webapp and on mobile app. The seach on mobile doen't even work correclty. Not only does it mostly not get the show your searching for but you also have to scroll past all the music first to get to podcasts hidden at the bottom of the list.

I'm not very happy as I use Spotify for all things audio. Podcasts are as important to me as the music collection I have collected over the years

I noticed this change too, and not happy about it. It makes following a podcast basically worthless. 

Where is podcast library?  No reason to delete it.  When I pull up individual podcasts they say I'm following them.  Why can't I access a list of things I'm following.  Makes no sense. 

Are you all free users? If so, it says here:

Podcasts can be found in Search. Podcasts you  are saved to Your Library, under Podcasts

You can check out all the other changes on that page.

I have premium and have for over a year now, and the Podcasts section is NOT under the My Library tab on mobile. It hasn't been for a few weeks now.

Screenshot_20180602-155333.png

Ok not to **bleep**, but I updated my app, it was behind one, and NOW it shows up. So check for an update, maybe?

Okay okay, so I thought the first time after I noticed the change but I updated the app and and still the fault persists...

Screenshot_20180608-221049.png

Is your phone and carrier up to date, too? It may be an issue. If not then I am at a loss.

Don't be condescending to the retr of users.... Said tab has REALLY vanished. Even with latest update.

Screenshot_20180608-221049.png

It is. Anyway, the option was there and working just 2 weeks ago, and the hardware is the same.

When do developers get involved in these threads? This is leading to nothing....

I don't know. Updating fixed it for me, but if it's still there for you and other people I hope they do get on here soon. This is a bad bug

What I fear most is that it might NOT be a bug after all, but one of those bad design decisions implemented recently.....

Please, someone from Spotify, HELP!

THIS IS BAD DESIGN.

Hi, I am a member of the team that develops the Podcast feature in the clients.

I am afraid this is a bug. Your Library is supposed to contain a "Podcasts" entry.

Which Spotify version are you running?

My hunch is that the bug is caused by an "incompatibility" between the app version and the feature flags, that control the appearance of certain UI elements. That is why is essential to know which specific version of the clients you're running.

The version I am currently using (but not necessarily where I spotted the bug, since I hadve updated since at least once) is:

8.4.39.652 armV7

Thanks for taking a look at the issue.

Suggested posts