Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts will not play.

Podcasts will not play.

On my device Galxy Note 8 Spotify is no longer playing any podcasts.

I can download them but they will not play.

58 Replies

Yup, I'm having this same problem as well. It's got to be a spotify issue. 

Iโ€™m having the same issue- and Iโ€™ve done EVERY step that is recommended twice๐Ÿ˜ก This is so frustrating!!! I hope this is fixed soon

I keep having this issue with Podcasts on Spotify. 

I've clean re-installed several times in the past to fix the issue but it's not working. It's incredibly frustrating as i'm halfway through Up and Vanished season 3 and now I have no way of listening to the second half of the series. 

I've had to abandon other podcasts for the same reason. Why does this always happen??

I'm having the same issues. Was working fine this morning then suddenly stopped. Music works fine but podcasts won't play. When you click on it it just stays at 00:00 and doesn't play. It also won't download, it will attempt to but won't move off 0%.

@Spotify please advise how to resolve this ASAP.

I'm on Samsung s21 ultra, running the latest version of the app. I've tried logging out then in again and reinstalling but same issue keeps happening.

Podcasts are working again!! Not sure what changed but I can listen to them again now! ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Podcasts dont work for me as well. This is frustrating

Looks like all my podcasts are randomly working again now. No idea what the issue was, but hopefully it was just a small bug that Spotify sorted through on the back end. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the posts.

There were some issues with podcasts backstage, but this should now be fixed for everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Let us know if you're still experiencing issues with playing podcasts. More info can be found here.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am suddenly unable to apply sleep mode or stop autoplay when listening to podcasts. Both features stll work for music. Have logged out and back in, and uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. Version :8.7.36. 905

Hi @InfiniteLooper!

Could you let us know your device's make, model and OS version as well? If possible, try logging in to another device (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the issue is present there. You can also ask a friend or a relative who uses Spotify to log in to their account on your device.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I am still unable to listen to podcasts. I have tried on my phone, a desktop computer, and my Amazon Fire TV App. Music works fine. All devices have the most recent version of Spotify installed. I have logged out of all of them and logged back in, still nothing in regards to podcasts working.

I use both Android and PC products.

Hey @RosieAmeliaMurphy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To keep investigating your case, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists.

In case you don't have a different account available to test it, you can create a new one in free tier using a different email address here. This will help us understand if the issue might be account related or not.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Similar issue: spotify on my android continues to play music, but not podcasts. My account on my computer will play both. If I start a podcast to play on my computer and then transition it to play through android, will continue playing whole duration. Has not resolved with clean re-install. The time line for the start of this issue appears to be similar to everyone else -late may/early june something was changed?

Hey @PJWspot,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

Could you send us the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your phone? 

Changing tunes, let us know if this happens when logging in with a different mobile device. Also, tell us if the behavior persists when using a different network such as 4/5G or WiFi. 

Lastly, tell us if you're trying to stream audio (podcast) directly from your phone or from a different device (e.g. earbuds, speakers).

We'll keep the volume down until we hear back from you. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hello, 

I am experiencing a similar issue to many people and have tried all of the advice. I am on a redmi note 8 pro running Android 11. I have the latest version of Spotify and have tried: logging in and out, reinstalling, logging into a differenaccount and connecting to a 4g network instead of wifi. I don't have any issues on my iPad with the account. 

Thank you for any help

Hey @Theo34,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared ๐Ÿ™‚

Just to confirm, is this happening with all the podcast you're trying to listen to or just a specific one? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.

On another note, is this happening on another mobile device? We understand this is not happening on your iPad, but it'll help us to isolate the issue if you check on another cellphone. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator

Found this thread after not being able to play one certain Podcast... everything else works fine...I did all the cache clearing and clean installs. That particular podcast won't play. Play / Pause changes,  but it won't actually start. 

S8, updated as is Spotify app.  

Hey there @Knobby2020

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? Also, does the same happen using a different internet connection?

On another note, sending us the URI of the podcast would come in handy. We'll take a closer look. 

Lastly, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Except I've noticed that if it's not a podcast from iHeartRadio, it won't play. I've tried with another account and it's the same 

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

In order for us to relay your findings to our tech team, we'd need the following info:

- a link to a podcast you're not able to play

- the brand/model and operating system of the device you're not able to play the podcast on

- the Spotify version you've installed on the affected device

- a short screen recording of what's going on when you try to start the podcast.

We'll be on the look for your replies,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts