Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts will not play.

Podcasts will not play.

On my device Galxy Note 8 Spotify is no longer playing any podcasts.

I can download them but they will not play.

58 Replies

Tried all the mentioned steps. But still, it's not working.

Hey @Tanvir21,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Would you mind providing the info that @Dian requested earlier in this thread?

Having those details will help us to bring this to the attention of the relevant teams, who'll look into it.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi I have tried all the suggestions & my podcast still wonโ€™t play. Incredibly frustrating please find a solution or start refunding monthly payments 

Hey @Brent101,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know exactly what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

On another note, and just to confirm, is this happening with all the podcasts you're trying to listen to or just a specific one? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you have installed there?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have tired all the trouble shooting answers on this thread os is up to date & have the latest Spotify update as well. Becoming very irritated ๐Ÿ˜  itโ€™ll be awesome when this can be fixed , on another note why am I paying for a service Iโ€™m not receiving ? 

Same problem here. Cannot play any podcasts on my phone. It works on my computer and even if I start the podcast on my computer from the phone (aka I start it on the phone, (it does not start) I then switch to my computer and it starts playing immidietly).

I've logged out / in. I've reinstalled the app. I've done a clean reinstallation. 

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G. It is updated to the latest version. 
My Spotify App is updated to the latest update I could get from Google Play. It says version: 8.7.74.443

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your replies  and reports.

We understand your frustration, however the reasons for this happening could be much different for each and every one of you.

We'd recommend to reach out to our Customer Support team through one of the channels here. They should be able to check what's going on.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

I've figured out what was causing it on my end. It was my tracking blocker on the phone. When I turn it off and restart Spotify it works. Hope this helps other Android users.

I have been looking at this thread and looking at the people who's podcasts got fixed. It seems like it's an account issue that spotify just has not fixed for everyone. But that is just speculation. Btw my version is 8.7.76.359 and I have a galaxy s20 FE

Oh my god Spotify sucks. I have the same problem for six months now. Yes I have reinstalled the app many times. Yes Iโ€™ve logged in and out many times yes Iโ€™ve deleted the app yes Iโ€™ve switched my phone off and on itโ€™s actually the worst why am I paying a monthly fee to Spotify when I canโ€™t play anything?? Whatโ€™s wrong with your engineers!? Literally the only thing I need your app for is to play content why canโ€™t I do this basic thing?!!! Such a waste of time and so stressful regularly!!!!!! For some reason  the problem is especially bad if I try to listen to a podcast episode that I have listen to before - I have been asking you and chasing and complete complaining about for six months six months!??? Just fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????? Ignore one more person tells me to log out and invite to the app again I will scream 

Edit: Why can't I delete this post? The reply didn't get added to the correct post.

Go to this link and start a chat with a staff member directly. It fixed it for me.

First he had to refresh some connection on their end and then it worked. I also noticed that my DNS / VPN was causing issues and turning it off fixed it. But the refresh was necessary.

I see this is from June, but I am having this issue now. I was listening to podcasts all day yesterday and now today I cannot play them. I have logged out and back in and have reinstalled the app. I have not changed any phone settings since yesterday, I am currently on wifi but also  have unlimited data on my phone plan. I just signed up for Spotify but if this is a continuing issue, I wonโ€™t be hanging around long. I never had issues playing podcasts on the FREE app I was using previously. 

Hey @JoleneR,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

From what you kindly described, this could be related to this Ongoing Issue we currently have. If the described scenario fits what we reported there, we'd recommend adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to the thread, so you can stay up to date on any news we have to share.

We also recommend having a look at it and providing us there with the info we'll need to report it. You can find the details we'll need you to send us in its status at the top of the thread.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Similar boat - I can play BBC Newshour podcast on my phone, but when I try to use the phone app to play it from another device (e.g. Alexa), it stops working. I do not have this problem for music. Did a clean reinstall per the instructions upthread, and the issue was not resolved. Samsung Galaxy S10e, Android version 12, Spotify version 8.8.6.472

It's not working on iphone 12 pro as well done clean reinstall, etc solve this asap, please.

Hi there @nadzz_18,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Is this happening with all podcasts or any specific ones? And do you get an error message? On another note, check if this also happens from other devices and the Web Player

Lastly, send over the OS of your device along with the Spotify version you are currently running. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My podcast will not play, when I click the link or anyone I sent it to even in different countries it says its not available in that region. Please help me, I tried everything 

Tried all steps to fix podcasts "Unable to play" in Google Community and at LiveWire (-https://www.lifewire.com/fix-apple-podcasts-not-playing-5272287-).

I tried all these steps plus several others. Hours of work, but none worked.

It wasn't until one of my Mon-Friday alarms went off on a Saturday that I found my clock was set to a manual setting after our cruise into Canada (Eastern Standard Time (EST) to Atlantic Standard Time (AST)) had us change our clock setting to manual because of no cell signal at sea. Going into Clock settings and changing back to "Set time zone Automatically" and "Use location to set time zone" fixed both Podcast player issues I was having. ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope this helps other people save all the time I had to spend trying to fix this issue.

Suggested posts