Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possible Shuffle bug/ UI problem

Possible Shuffle bug/ UI problem

My Question or Issue:

I have found a possible bug/ UI problem regarding the "Discovery Weekly"; "Dein Mix der Woche" playlist. It also seems to affect the "Mixtape" playlists as well.

The problem here is that if you have listend to a playlist in shuffle mode directly before you listen to the "Discovery Weekly", without deactivating the shuffle mode your "Discovery Weekly" playlist will also play in shuffle. Even when you don't press the random song button on top of the playlist. 

The problem you can not deactivate the shuffle mode in this playlist. You need to go to a different playlist and deactivate the shuffle mode otherwise the playlist will always play in shuffle mode.

I believe the reason for this is because the "shuffle" button and the "song repeat" button are replaced (which are normally next to the "play/ pause" button) by the "like" and "dislike" button. 

It's not a big problem but it costed me several minutes to figure out why my playlist was on shuffle. Anyways I hope it helps to fix the bug/ UI.

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S9+; Android 10)

Spotify Premium

(Version 8.5.62.904)

6 Replies

Hey @Glonsasaa,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

• Restart the Spotify app. 

• Log out and back in. 

• Check the app is up-to-date.

• Reinstall the app.
    Note: After reinstalling, you'll need to redownload any music you've made available for offline listening.

• If possible, try a different internet connection.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Mario,

I had already done these steps but it seems to be a programing issue/ UI problem.
I hope my description of the problem helps you to fix it.

facing the same issue. Shuffle playback with "discover weekly" can only be deactivated when playing a different playlist because button is missing.

Hello @musambani,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! No worries - We're here to help 🙂

You should be able to switch shuffle off and on from within the 3-dot menu in the Now Playing view when listening to your Discover Weekly:

DW-3-dot.JPG

In case you're missing the shuffle button, it'd be great if you could share a screenshot with us of how things look on your end as well as sending over the following details:

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. 

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The option to turn off shuffle is indeed in those 3 dots, but wow is it out of the way. The Release Radar playlist recently began defaulting to shuffle, and I HATE this change. Actually makes me angry when I'm expecting to hear that new song I like, but I get something else instead. Makes me want to switch to another service. 

Hey @Blaine84,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the shuffle feature like you wish to do at the moment.

You can always create an idea about this and have people vote on it.

Click here to read more about how your feedback reach Spotify.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts