Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Preferred way to access Spotify on Android- Stream or Download? Mp3 or higher?

Solved!

Preferred way to access Spotify on Android- Stream or Download? Mp3 or higher?

I just bought a 2013 Civic that allows me to use my Note II as a player via bluetooth. I download a few playlists to access off line. My question is where are the playlists stored (Note II or Spotify) and do I use data if I am in the offline mode? I read here where people save their playlists to their ext mem cards? I am confussed as to what format Spotify uses, MP3 or something else?  I prefer Flac files via Winamp for better sound.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Peter

Dude I am new to this Guise I haven't read all the instructions properly

Thanks for the tip

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify stores any offline content in your phone memory (whether it is internal phone memory, or on an SD card in your phone) inside the Spotify application. Those files are .ogg format which Spotify uses for streaming, but they are encrypted meaning you can only listen to them using the Spotify application. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can I direct them to my ext mem card?

The Spotify application on android will automatically choose where to store offline content based on whichever storage location has the most free space when you install. 

Peter

Peter

I added a 64g card after I installed Spotify. Should I uninstall the app and reinstall to direct it to the ext card?

No need to reinstall!

From the release notes topic:

if you were using the Spotify app already and you want to change the location where your playlists are stored, you need to exit the Spotify app, go into your device's Settings, Apps, Spotify, then tap Clear data and Clear cache.

Peter

Peter

I collect music i.e.. Albums cds etc

And pay for most of my music

Spotify is a great ideal But I still enjoy to have the album CD in the flesh Album cover etc feels like I have something from the artist I enjoy listening too

It would be nice if you are a Premium member to at least be able to have the mp3 or wave format on your Pc or mobile

I use Amazon to buy cds and they also upload to me the mp3 file of the album that I purchase So why can't spotify

@met571 - Spotify can import your local mp3's into the desktop client and you can sync those local files to your mobile device by following the steps on this help page

Peter

Marked as solution

Hi Peter

Dude I am new to this Guise I haven't read all the instructions properly

Thanks for the tip

Hi Pete

I  run a little Demon unit RCD M37 There is a usb interface in which I plug my mp3 players into Sony NWZ 618f  Cowen I audio D2 etc.

The units sounds great  the demon is bi wired through a set of old mission Cyrus loud speakers.

What I want to know is can I connect my Sony android Experia T running Spotify through the usb interface.

If need be I will send a photo

Hi. Spotify doesn't stream over a USB connection so you would need to connect your mobile to your Denon using a mini stereo adio cable.

Ok Pete thanks for your help

Suggested posts