Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

I'm a premium user and all I want to do is play an album.  Not a playlist, or a random set of songs, an actual album.   Many older albums that you have made available were produced in such a way that the songs be played in the order they are recorded on the album.  

When I use Google Home, and ask it to "play spotify ablum <name>" it repeats the album name back plays the first song only! Then, some magical random song selection algorithm kicks in and we get songs that have no apparent relation to the original request whatsoever. 

This is basic functionality for any music player.  My hope is that this is my error and i just am doing it wrong.  I hope it's not as designed!

Thanks.

2 Replies

Glad it's not just me. I recently switched from Google Play Music to Spotify and I'm kinda baffled that this basic functionality isn't available!

If I open a album, only the shuffle button appear, not a play button. If I try to hear a specific song in the album, that does not work. I can play the first song and skip manually to the specific song, which luckily is the normal song order of the album. Should that be a feature? That is the biggest**bleep** ever. Sorry for the words. Please build it back to the old and natural functionality to listen a album in the natural order of the songs and play specific songs in a album.

I'm a premium user btw. I know this features partially from the free account.

Suggested posts