Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account but can't play songs offline

Solved!

Premium account but can't play songs offline

Hi, I'm having a problem with spotify in my Galaxy S4 Mini...

I downloaded the app and signed for premium, picked my favorite songs, and toggled to "Available offline", but can't play the songs without a internet connection... The songs are already downloaded, I found even a folder from spotify in SD card with 1~2 GB, but when I try to play without a wi-fi, 3g or even in the "offline mode", the album covers vanishes and the music don't play...

I attached a screenshot to easily vizualize the problem... Notice that the songs have the green icon for already downloaded, but I can't play songs offline at all... And when I have internet connection, the musics plays normally...

Please, help me =( I love the app, and I want to be able to listen to my songs offline...

PS: Sorry 'bout bad english, I'm brazilian, and I can't find a solution in the brazilian site, and there's no such thing as spotify brazilian forum/community...

Thanks 😃

10350509_660008580744852_4376323121589094764_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you get the same behaviour if you store Spotify content on your internal device storage? (Remove Spotify from your device, take out your SD card, install Spotify and sync, re-insert your SD card)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @rohanmedeiros, welcome to the community!

Let's see if I can get this to work for you! 🙂

Go to your Spotify App > Settings > Delete cache and saved data > Uninstall Spotify > Install Spotify Music (not Spotify, that's an old version) > Redownload your tracks. Tell me if that works! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Didn't work =(

And a thing that I'd forget to say... everytime I keep the spotify not working for a time, for example, 1 day... When I open it, a bunch of musics starts to download again, but they was already downloaded... for example, I have 150 musics downloaded, I close the spotify, and when I open 70 musics starts downloading again~

What is happening?

Marked as solution

Do you get the same behaviour if you store Spotify content on your internal device storage? (Remove Spotify from your device, take out your SD card, install Spotify and sync, re-insert your SD card)

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you, the last solution has worked, I deleted the spotify and the data, and install, resync & downloaded withouth the sd card and it worked...

But when I download the musics with the sd card the phone will create a folder in the sd card or will storage in the same folder with the others, in the internal memory? And how do I prevent it form creating a folder and downloading the music to the sd card?

Peter's suggestion puts the spotify cache on internal storage. You should be able to move it to your external SD card - you're running android 4.4.2? If so, try the steps in my post here and let me know if it works.

Hi my problem is also the same. I tried to uninstall the apps and reinstall so i downloaded back the songs. So lets say i haver over a 100 but it downloaded only 20 songs Which is the new songs that i cant listen offline before. The older songs are the one that cant be played now. Please help 😭 I am using ios btw! And the apps is the 5.1.0 version

I am having the same problem... What should i do? I cant listen my musics, even having premium account.

Hi. Try to contact them through twitter or perhaps any other medium. They'll help you thoroughly but it kinda take some time. But first, maybe you can try to update your app to the latest version? And if it still persists, just contact them. They are very helpful! 🙂

Suggested posts