Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium features on Android

Solved!

Premium features on Android

If you've got a question about syncing your music offline on an Android device, we have a couple FAQs here: 

Listen offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.

2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.

3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.

4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.

How do I remove my offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline Devices at the top.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Why does Spotify sometimes top syncing offline playlists?

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active Internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Can I listen offline on more than one device?

Yes. You can save playlists for offline use on up to 3 devices. For example, you could use offline mode on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone at the same time. If you attempt to use offline mode on more than three devices, the oldest registered device won't work offline.

How many tracks can I sync to my device?

With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can sync for offline use 3,333 tracks from the Spotify catalogue on each device (phone, tablet, computer, etc.). If you're syncing your local files, there is no limit.

Have another question? Post it here and a member of the Community can help!

132 Replies

Alright, so I've a bit of a fun issue. In the midst of dealing with songs not downloading (a resolved issue), I resorted to doing a little on-and-off dance with the Downloading Switch over in the All Songs place. Initially, it didn't look like it did anything, but then, oh! I have the exact opposite of my previous issue! Most of my songs say they're not saved offline, and are downloading! Welp, that's fine, but the storage used reported by the app has only risen, and even with internet disabled (or offline mode on), the "Not Saved Offline" songs still play in full! I would be quick to paint this as terrible storage management, but the songs are clearly known to be existent and registered. My only concern is storage, and not having a copious amount of songs duplicates would be a nightmare. What relief is there to this?

Hi.

I can not see and control my track list and album cover on my bmw screen. I also updated my version but its still the same. I use bluetooth commection always.

Ps: It was working perfectly with IOS.

I can't find the button "choose where you want to save your music" (phone's memory or external memory) on the last version of spotify.

Where is it now?

Me too. Don't know what it's like after freebie

I'm a premium user and I can't use the extreme qualities. why?

Screenshot_20180424-153937_Spotify.jpg

Hey @KaDencio

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why the "select storage" option has disappeared? Now I can only store the downloaded music in my device memory. 

So its 2018 and the apps been updated, when i go to my playlist all it has is thevplay button theres no download switch, how do u listen offline now?? (Ps downloaded is the playlist title)

Screenshot_20180525-174321.png

For me the place to change the storage location is all the way at the bottom of the settings, a couple lines above where it says log out. Hope that helps. 

Offline mode is in the settings menu. 

Hello, Does somebody know why I can't select extreme stream quality anymore since the last update (see photo)? I have Spotify Family, but that option disappeared... Greetings, YoloDoge
2018-06-18 18.46.35.jpg

That's the same for me, on streaming my options go from Automatic to Very High. Extreme is only on the downloaded music now maybe? 

Is it "let's pick a random thread to post in" day? If you searched on "quality" you'd have found this thread where the question was answered by spotify.

Suggested posts