Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium is not working on my Samsung Phone

Premium is not working on my Samsung Phone

I upgraded to premium a few days ago. It works on my laptop and shows that it is on the premium setting under my account info. On my phone, premium is not working. It does not show that it has upgraded to the premium account. I have logged out and back in, checked that the accounts match, re-downloaded the spotify app, my account has been charged....not sure what else to do. So frustrating. 

6 Replies

Your Library > Settings > it shows "free account" upgrade to premium. On
the web version it does not show this option is just says I am a premium
user.

Regardless, premium is not working on my app. I still get commercials and
can only listen on shuffle mode.

Using version 8.4.31.723 armV7

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense but where exactly do you expect the android app to show that you have updated to premium? What version of spotify are you using?

Ah, thanks for clearing up my confusion. Are you definitely logged in with the same details as on your PC? It's all too easy to vreate a second account.

Are all your playlists and play history there? If not, you have definitely used the wrong log in credentials. Log out and back in using the same credentials as you use on PC.

I have confirmed that I am logging in with the same credentials. I only have 1 playlist and it does not show on my phone. But I have logged out and back in 20 times with the same email and password. 

I have confirmed that I am logging in with the same credentials. I only have 1 playlist and it does not show on my phone. But I have logged out and back in 20 times with the same email and password. 

Missing premium and playlists definitely indicate you have logged in with the wrong credentials. Go to your th set device password page from your PC and make a note of the device user name which is what you should be logging in with. If the user name is a 10 digit number, your account is linked to facebook and you should use the "log in with facebook" option.

Your user name will also appear on the email receipt you received from spotify when first subscribing.

Suggested posts