Premium

Country

Slovenia

Device

Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo

Operating System

(Android KitKat 4.4.4)

App version

I'm having troubles playing downloaded songs from Spotify. I've factory resetted

my phone, did numeral fresh installs, also checked that the com.spotify folder was removed from sd storage, .... to no avail. After I reinstall the app I just went and turned on the feature to download songs (to my sd) and after it has finished a green arrow pointing down appears next to the songs, but as soon as I turn on the offline mode all the songs are grayed out and I can't listen to them...

10 Replies

Hi @miro_b,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for the detailed information that you've provided. You've done a great job with the troubleshooting so far!

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If it still doesn't work and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend that you contact our customer support here and ask them to remove any potential corrupt device.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've followed the instructions but I'm struggling to find the com.spotify.music.... I've downloaded the app File Manager + that allowed me to display hidden files, but I'm still unable to find the specific directory in the android folder - on the SD and on the internal memory....

Hi @miro_b,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

The com.spotify.music file should appear only if you've downloaded music to your SD card. If you haven't or if you keep stuck in the same step, you can go ahead and follow all the other steps shared by @Jeremy.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have downloaded music, the green downward facing arrow next to the song should be the telltale sign for that or?

Hi @miro_b,

Thank you for replying.

The green arrow certainly indicates that the content is already downloaded. Can you confirm if you're able to play it normally or does the issue persist?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

The issue still persists.... I've downloaded the app and the whole playlist again (green arrow next to all the songs) , and as soon as I turn on offline mode everything is grayed out and won't play anything. Also I've checked now that I've downloaded some songs that there was the folder com.spotify.music on the sd....

Hey there @miro_b,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. In such case, it's a good idea reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your personal profile and give you a hand with potential corrupt devices, as @Jeremy has already pointed out. 

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Ok, with the help of support we were able to narrow down the problem... And so my next question would be is there a reason why my device running the 4.4.4 Android isn't getting the latest updated version (8.7.xx)? I'm currently running 8.6.52.916, but it clearly states that 8.7.xx requires android 4.1 or above....

Hi @miro_b!

The Spotify app is supported on devices running Android OS 5.0 or above. As your device has an older android version that is no longer supported, proper functionality of the app cannot be guaranteed. You can find more info on the supported devices in this article.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

But if proper functionality can not be guaranteed, why do you then offer the app in the first place? Wouldn't it be better if you'd just completely disable this function on phones that have an older OS than Android 5.0?

Suggested posts