Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium user, Certain songs won't download for offline mode

Premium user, Certain songs won't download for offline mode

Hello! I'm a Premium user, I use Spotify both on my PC and my phone (HTC Explorer).

My problem is that when I download my playlists, some songs refuse to get downloaded. In one of my playlists I have 31 songs, but not all of them will play. 

They all work on the PC so these songs are available (they also work with wifi, but I need them to work in offline mode since I run out of free data traffic and have to pay my phone company extra for that), but for some reason they just refuse to download. I have rebooted my phone, reinstalled Spotify, removed playlists and downloaded the playlists again, added the unplayable songs in new playlists, but it still won't work.

How can I fix this?

These songs won't download and play: 

Artist / song

Naglfar / Way of the rope

Naglfar / Harvest

At the gates / Suicide Nation

Dimmu Borgir / Mourning Palace

Deathstars / The last ammunition

Deathstars / In vogue

Thank you! /Sara

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have those tracks stored locally on your PC (will appear in the "Local Files" tab?)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! i have the same issue, the tracks are in the library section on my pc and i added these in a playlist, in offline mode.
On my PC i listening the tracks regularly, but on my Android Phone i've been downloaded the playlist but i can play only one track...why?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Peter! Thanks for your reply! No I don't have any of the songs in my phone library 😞

This may be too simple, but have you tried actually playing the songs while on airplane mode to see if they downloaded?  I was having the same problem.  I would ask spotify to download the playlists and it would just move the playlist to the downloaded section without adding the green dot that marks it as downloaded.  Today I just tried to play the songs anyway on airplane mode and they play.  Don't let the lack of green dot fool you, it may be there anyway.

thank you!! This was exactly what happened to me, as one song didn't have the green dot next to it but can still be played offline without green dot to signal it has been downloaded 🙂

I've several collections that I have attemted to download.  They are in the libraray but will not downoad locally.  Any suggestions?

Suggested posts