Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Previous track STILL not working? Seriously?

Previous track STILL not working? Seriously?

So I have found out that the previous track widget on lock screen has not worked since introduction of Lollipop. And it still doesn't work. And it will probably never work.

Google Play Music can do it. But hey, it's Google, they have Magic Powers.

Poweramp can do it. I'm sure it's because... look... urm... 

Apple Music cannot do it. But then there are very few things Apple Music can do right so I am not surprised.

But then I thought I'd try the triple press on my little remote.

Poweramp can do it.

Apple Music can do it.

Google Play Music can do it.

Spotify cannot do it.

Is there some sort of external app or plugin or whatever that I can download to my Xperia Z3 Compact with Lollipop 5.1.1 that would enable the "triple press on remote = previous track" that all other music players understand?

I'm sorry I spend half of my waking time either on this message board or sending messages to support, but I gave up my Unlimited subscription to try Premium "for free", then I found out I can't downgrade back to Unlimited (which worked 100% perfect because I never used it on my phone) and I am really pissed off because I google the problems I have and I find out they date back to 2012. But of course Spotify are working on each one of them and it's on top of their priority list.

5 Replies

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for your response. Actually I spent most of yesterday going through clean installs of various Spotify versions down to 1.9.0 trying to find out if any of them works with local files the way I want, then again clean installed the latest version, so – no, it doesn't work.

Thank you though 🙂

Gotcha. Sorry to hear that isn't working for ya

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kober.headset&hl=en

This external app solves the problem, triple click for previous works now. Which by the way proves it's entirely possible to do, Spotify.

Suggested posts