Country

Sweden 

Device

(Samsung S 10 plus) 

Operating System

(Android) 

My Question or Issue

Hello! 

I own an Harman kardon enchant 800 which has an Chromecast Audio/Spotify Connect function.

It has worked rather flawlessly for the last couple of months. But since a couple of days ago the Spotify-music has been been distorted and/or laggy when I play with Spotify connect. This problem happens on both my phone, which is an android-phone, and my partners phone, which is an iPhone.

The funny thing is that I don't have a problem playing sound from other applications. They connect with "chromecast" without problem. So the speaker can't have any problems. It seems that the problem is concentrated to Spotify.

Does anybody know why this is? I've not had this problem before. I've already tried resetting the speaker. 

Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, my husband fixed this problem by rebooting Chromecast in the Google Home app, I'm so happy!

Go to your Google Home app, then settings.

Click the three dots on the top right corner.

Reboot.

I hope it works for you too!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey there @Kurtlivendal!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, Elena!

Thanks for answering my question. I have tried all of the steps you've suggested.

I'm curious. Is the Spotify connect/chromecast function dependent on the phone or the speaker? Because the speakers work flawlessly with other apps. For example Tune in-radio. But as soon as I try to play with Spotify it either stops the music or makes a really awful distorted sound. Like a crackling sound.

This can't be a problem with my speakers, since the other apps work flawlessly.

I have exactly the same problem! I have tried it from both a Samsung S9 and an iPhone 8 on multiple Enchant 800 soundbars. With both  devices, playing music from the Spotify app to the Chromecast in the Enchant 800 resulted in crackling distorted audio...

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

I have exactly the same issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if you've tried the steps that @Elena posted and if any of them resolved the sound issue?

It might also bee a good idea to check if lowering the Sound Quality and turning off Normalize Volume make a difference on the playback. You can learn more about these setting and where to find them in this Support Article. 

@Kurtlivendal if the issue persists, we're going to need some more info to determine the root cause of the problem. It can lie with either one of the  devices. Could you let us know if you can replicate the issue when logging in with a friend or family members account?

Keep us posted. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem here with enchant as well. Tried all the steps as well: nothing does. On same network I have no issue with another Harman (citation). On enchant, other contents playing over wifi don’t have problem...

Hey there @Olivier772002,

Thank you for your post and confirmation in this thread.

Can you check if your Spotify version and device firmware are up to date?

Also - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you Jeremy, yes indeed: firmware is latest and I already tried with my wife’s Spotify account and phone as well as friends with same issue.

hey again @,

Thank you for getting back in touch 🙂

Can you exclude the app from any battery optimization: Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hi, I will try again at home and let you know. Btw, using iPhone X at the moment I didn’t find the path you provided for parameters... sorry!

Kind regards

Thank you! Unfortunately same problem with other phones, no settings on battery saving... version of Spotify is 8.5.96.739

thank you

Hi @Olivier772002,

Thank you for your reply.

Since this occurs from different devices we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for more support.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Thank you. 

i contacted Harman Kardon but since I have the probelm only between this speaker and Spotify, I’m getting pushed back by both sides and don’t get any solution 😕

Hey again @Olivier772002,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We'll be taking a look backstage and investigate this further and get back to you.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Marked as solution

Hi, my husband fixed this problem by rebooting Chromecast in the Google Home app, I'm so happy!

Go to your Google Home app, then settings.

Click the three dots on the top right corner.

Reboot.

I hope it works for you too!

I have exactly the same problem with the Citation 300 speaker: music interrupts without reason and it takes 20 to 30 seconds to resume. It happens randomly.

To anyone still having this issue in/after Sept 2021 (like me): the answer provided by Belwis seems to have helped!

Thanks for pointing this out.

You're welcome Coldfurify! I'm glad it helped u, have a nice day c:

Bye!

I had a problem with my Harman Kardon Citation Amp. The problem occured when I was casting to the built-in Chromecast and put turned on a pair of Bluetooth headphones. The sound moved to the headphones as intended but afterwards casting didn't work.

I tried all that have been suggested, and found it interesting that some people solved the issue by casting from the chrome browser. However, this didn't work for me, but led me to my solution.

In browser, I chose to log out of all devices and disconnect all approved accounts. From then on i have had no problem.

Suggested posts