Country

Sweden 

Device

(Samsung S 10 plus) 

Operating System

(Android) 

My Question or Issue

Hello! 

I own an Harman kardon enchant 800 which has an Chromecast Audio/Spotify Connect function.

It has worked rather flawlessly for the last couple of months. But since a couple of days ago the Spotify-music has been been distorted and/or laggy when I play with Spotify connect. This problem happens on both my phone, which is an android-phone, and my partners phone, which is an iPhone.

The funny thing is that I don't have a problem playing sound from other applications. They connect with "chromecast" without problem. So the speaker can't have any problems. It seems that the problem is concentrated to Spotify.

Does anybody know why this is? I've not had this problem before. I've already tried resetting the speaker. 

Thanks in advance! 

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Problem with Harman Kardon enchant 800 / Spotify connect

Hey there @Kurtlivendal!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi, Elena!

Thanks for answering my question. I have tried all of the steps you've suggested.

I'm curious. Is the Spotify connect/chromecast function dependent on the phone or the speaker? Because the speakers work flawlessly with other apps. For example Tune in-radio. But as soon as I try to play with Spotify it either stops the music or makes a really awful distorted sound. Like a crackling sound.

This can't be a problem with my speakers, since the other apps work flawlessly.
Highlighted

I have exactly the same problem! I have tried it from both a Samsung S9 and an iPhone 8 on multiple Enchant 800 soundbars. With both  devices, playing music from the Spotify app to the Chromecast in the Enchant 800 resulted in crackling distorted audio...

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Highlighted

Visitor

I have exactly the same issue.

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if you've tried the steps that @Elena posted and if any of them resolved the sound issue?

It might also bee a good idea to check if lowering the Sound Quality and turning off Normalize Volume make a difference on the playback. You can learn more about these setting and where to find them in this Support Article. 

@Kurtlivendal if the issue persists, we're going to need some more info to determine the root cause of the problem. It can lie with either one of the  devices. Could you let us know if you can replicate the issue when logging in with a friend or family members account?

Keep us posted. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS