Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with SD card storage (regular "hax" not working anymore).

Problem with SD card storage (regular "hax" not working anymore).

So from out of nowhere my Galaxy S2 doesn't store my music on the SD card. I've redone the regular "hax" of downloading an early version of the app and changing the directory and then updating the software but it still stores on my phone. I've done it maybe 10 times now trying different paths incase something has changed or something but none working. 

Having a lot of different music on my phone is a very important thing for me and I simply can't wrap my head around the reasons Spotify developers might have for not having this option to begin with. 

6 Replies

Hey 🙂 

The latest version of the Spotify applications do support SD card storage, so there is no longer any need to download an older version. 

In the latest versions, the app will automatically choose the best place to store content based on whichever has more space when you install (internal vs SD card). 

If its not working for you, try a clean reinstallation of the app by folowing the steps in the android troubleshooting guide and fingers crossed it will choose your SD card to store tracks on (providing it has more free space). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the exact same problem on my Xperia Z.

It automatically makes the internal memory the storage loactaion.

I wonder if I need to root the phone to store Spotify on the SD card  for it to work?

It happens automatically as long as you have more space on your external SD card. If you originally had it in internal storage, you do need to perform a clean reinstall, as Peter said.

It doesnt do so on my phone.

Anyways; here's a workaround that worked for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQ1HVYVzLw

That shouldn't be necessary anymore but glad to hear it worked for you 🙂

For some reason, I can't get it to save to my SD card unless I set download quality to "Extreme"

Suggested posts