Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Spotify Android app (skipping songs)

Problem with Spotify Android app (skipping songs)

Plan

Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

(Realme X3 SuperZoom)

Operating System

Android 10

Version

My Question or Issue

Hello. I have faced with one problem recently so i'll tell about it. Everything was normal two days ago but when i tried to skip my song i found that app is lagging and stuttering (for 3-4 sec , only animation) also it happens when i start/pause song or shuffle my playlist. I tried to reinstall Spotify, clean my cache data and reboot my phone but it didnt help me.  By the way , when i tried to skip/start/stop the song on the small widget it works perfectly.  Sorry for bad English

Screenshot_2020-11-25-08-52-00-99.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @ZeinOld!

Welcome to the Community! 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Additionally, could you let us know if this issue happens across different devices or only on your phone?

On another note, would you mind giving it a try using another internet connection?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

It happens only on my phone (I tried Spotify on Xiaomi Mi8 Lite and I didn't have this problem). I tried to connect Spotify by WiFi or 4G , but it didnt help

Hey @ZeinOld,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue. In case you're using an SD card, it's a good idea to remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to different issues.

If you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts