Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with encrypted SD Card

Problem with encrypted SD Card

Samsung Galaxy S7 32GB / Android 7.0 / latest security updates

Hello!

I 'm using very often the option to download songs. Spotifi is configured to save data on SD Card. At first it worked well. Some weeks ago I decided to encrypt my SD Card in my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Now there's a problem with rebooting the device and Spotify. After reboot Spotify doesn't find the saved songs, because it's reconfigured by itself and wants to save the songs on internal memory. The downloaded songs are not shown. After reconfiguring to save on SD Card all downloaded Songs are still lost.

Has anybody else a similar problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks

Thomas

6 Replies

Known issue reported in this bug topic. Try the work-around posted there.

I still have this happening even with the suggested workaround. The workaround being to use developer options to force the app to install to the SD card. 

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@Machew222, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. Also, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960U

It has Android 10 with a May 1st Security update.

My Spotify version is 8.6.46.886.

As suggested from the other threads, I went into developer options on the
device and turned on the option to be allowed to move any application to
the SD card instead of internal storage. Then, I went into the application
settings and moved it to the SD card. I made sure the settings in Spotify
still have the downloads going to the SD card. After rebooting, the icon
shows that the application is not available yet until the SD card is
decrypted. When the proper icon appears, I open it and Spotify starts to
download my Playlist again from scratch.

When that failed I uninstalled the application. Then I reinstalled the app
and moved it to the SD card again. This time I went to internal storage
and deleted the android/data/com.spotify.music folder. Then I let the
music download again to the SD card. A couple weeks later, I had to
reboot my phone and had the same problem once again. I do not have root
access on my device.

As others have mentioned my SD card must be encrypted to have my work
applications installed.

I also have way more memory on my SD card than internal memory. Spotify is
the most data usage on my device. I want it to work in Offline mode so I
don't have to use cellular data as much or I may not have cellular data in
some places.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

It has Android 10 with a May 1st Security update. 

My Spotify version is 8.6.46.886.

As suggested from the other threads, I went into developer options on the device and turned on the option to be allowed to move any application to the SD card instead of internal storage.  Then, I went into the application settings and moved it to the SD card.   I made sure the settings in Spotify still have the downloads going to the SD card.  After rebooting, the icon shows that the application is not available yet until the SD card is decrypted.  When the proper icon appears, I open it and Spotify starts to download my Playlist again from scratch.   

When that failed I uninstalled the application. Then I reinstalled the app and moved it to the SD card again.  This time I went to internal storage and deleted the android/data/com.spotify.music folder.  Then I let the music download again to the SD card.   A couple weeks later, I had to reboot my phone and had the same problem once again.   I do not have root access on my device.  

As others have mentioned my SD card must be encrypted to have my work applications installed.  

I also have way more memory on my SD card than internal memory. Spotify is the most data usage on my device.  I want it to work in Offline mode so I don't have to use cellular data as much or I may not have cellular data in some places.  

Hi @Machew222,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

First up, we suggest that you check if there is any cache clearing app on your phone and disable that for Spotify (for example Device Care on some Samsung phones). This app clears app cache every day in order to improve performance, and since Spotify downloads are stored as cache, they might be cleared by this.

If the issue persists after that, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at this.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts