Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with saved music

Problem with saved music

Recently I updated to the Spotify latest version, ever since if I run out of battery when or restart my phone I open the app, and the album's are not recognised as downloaded even though in settings in "memory" the space is obviously taken, I've tried re-installing the app, and also cleared the number of devices in my account settings, still no success. I am running marshmallow on a Nexus 5x, any help would be much appreciated.
5 Replies

@diogo_maia

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Here´s what i´ve done and where i am at. i went to setting inside spotify and deleted everything but the app in itself, and then redownloaded the albums i wanted, i´ve set it for offline mode and everything was going fine, until...i set online mode again to update and then whilst i was on a 7 hour flight i was listening to music it suddenly stopped and pulled the same trick on me, that left me 5 hours with nothing to listen to. do i need root permissions to do what you said? how will this prevent future mess ups?

@diogo_maia

You don't need root to do the clean reinstall.

Also, you should keep an eye on the offline devices listed for your account here. The same device may be added several times which may make your offline downloads to reset. Delete any duplicate or unrecognized devices you may see and let me know how it goes. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

thing is i clean re-installed it and then it did it again, im out of ideas, and i really wanted to make sure this didn+t happen again

@diogo_maia

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts