Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with synced MP3s on Android

Problem with synced MP3s on Android

Hello, I dont know where to write , but I'll try it here - Haven't found proper tech support forum yet.

Anyway - I have a problem with my mp3s synced to my mobile. When I try to queue them in playlist, usually it skips to another "Spotify-based" song (I mean licensed from Spotify)  and that mp3 will be greyed out. When I try to play it manually (tap on MP3) it plays fine. It worked fine in a past (I don't recall when exactly). I've tried to re-download playlists with my mp3s , Reinstall Spotify app, disabling "Gapless" playback and nothing works.
Any of you experiencing the same issue asi I do ? Is it way to fix this? - this is very annoying 😞

My phone is: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) with Android 7.0 with SD card installed

Thank you and have a nice day,
Lucas

9 Replies

Hi @dzusikar, and welcome to the community.

Could you please check if a different mobile device behaves the same? What you could also try is to create a new playlist with nothing but local files to see if that makes any change.

Let me know what the result is. Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Rodrigo,

It behaves the same when I have playlist with only Local files - it skips and sometimes it plays random song in that playlist, but it depends.

I don't have an access to another device, but I will try when I get one.

..any other suggestions ?
Thank you

Ok @dzusikar,

Meanwhile I suggest you toggle your Local Files off and then back on in your desktop app (and then synch to your mobile) to see if it makes any difference.

BittencourtSpotify Star

I re-enabled local files and resynced them to mobile and....it made no difference unfortunately 😞

Hey @dzusikar,

Sounds like something might be wrong with the cache of the device. Please try removing Spotify from your devices after which you may remove all devices from this page.

You can then set everything up again.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey @dzusikar,

So did it solve the issue?

Please keep me posted!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hello,

Unfortunately not, still not working

Hey @dzusikar,

I'm sorry for the late reply. Is your Spotify locally stored in your device or in the external SD instead? If your downloads are stored externally, it's possible that there's something happening with the SD card. In that case, please try the following:

• Check your SD card for errors. You can find more info on how to do that by checking with the card's manufacturer. 
  • You need to keep in mind that the SD card needs to not be formatted as portable, or encrypted.
  • You can also try using a different SD card to see if the issue persists.

You can try removing the SD altogether, removing all devices listed here, then performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps below and let me know if the issue persists after syncing your local files again:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes.
  6. Switch your device back on.
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

If the issue doesn't persist without an SD card and the app stored internally, it would be a good idea to check your SD further for errors.

You'll also need to make sure that Spotify is set as an exception to any cache-clearing apps.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey @dzusikar,

So did you manage to solve the issue?

Let me know if you need furhter help 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts