Premium

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 8 Pro, PC

Operating System

Oxygen Os 11, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When trying to transfer music from one device to the other, an issue I face is going from my computer to my phone, when I open Spotify on my phone, it grays out settings like I'm playing on another device, but it doesn't show the music player at all, so I can't transfer over. My phone doesn't show up to connect to on my computer either. (By transfer I mean stop playing on my computer and instead play on my phone.)

Screenshot_20210414-182836.jpg
Screenshot_20210414-182833.jpg
4 Replies

Screenshot_20210414-214630.jpg

now it says two songs are playing! One in the 

actual player and one in the queue menu! Please fix this, I've restarted, ive cleared cache, I've forced stopped.

Hey @ianhandsup

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if you still experience the issue after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on both devices? This will get your app updated to the latest version with all necessary features.  

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it'd be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

I've tried everything you've said, I've reinstalled, I've tried on different wifi networks, I've had this problem for months now, I hope it can get fixed soon.

Hey @ianhandsup

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In case you still experience this issue after a clean reinstall and across different networks it's also a good idea to check if the issue might be account- or device-related. 

As a first step, try logging in to a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. You can borrow the login details from a friend or relative, or create a free test account by following the steps here. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

If the issue persists with another account, try logging in to your Spotify account on a different device to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

Suggested posts