Premium

Country

GT

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I created a stereo speaker pair with my new Amazon Echo devices and it's working fine with my Spotify account, but when another person asks Alexa to play Spotify from their account Alexa says that she's having trouble playing Spotify right now and to try again. Other music services work fine with their accounts. The problem goes away when I undo the stereo pair, so I did a test: I unpaired the Echo speakers in the Alexa app, I played a song on Spotify on the other person's phone and I was able to see both speakers as Spotify connect devices, music streaming worked fine on each speaker. Then I recreated the stereo pair on the Alexa app and as soon as I did that both devices disappeared from Spotify on their phone, and no sign of the recently created stereo pair... but on my phone the stereo pair was showing as an available device as well as each Echo separately. This only happens with Spotify as other music services seem to have no trouble with the stereo pair.

So in summary, when I create a stereo pair the echo devices disappear from everybody's Spotify but mine, and music can be steamed from my account only. 

Is there a setting I'm missing?

1 Reply

I'm having a similar problem, although I'm the only Spotify user and only have one account. My Echo Stereo pair disappeared, as did the individual Echo devices that comprised the pair. I tried all kinds of things, like uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, unpairing the pair, and re-pairing, etc. Nothing seemed to work. Also, even though Spotify is my default music service in the Alexa app, it no longer shows there, and when I press the PLAY icon, nothing happens. Formerly, it always showed the current song playing and let you change your destination device there, so I could fix the access to the stereo pair that way. Now that's gone as well. (I should mention that the Echo stereo pair does work with Amazon Music.)

The other day, I used my Android phone with my Bluetooth earbuds, and when I came home that night, for some reason, the stereo pair was BACK! It showed up on my desktop Spotify app, as well as on my phone. But it has disappeared again. I have no idea what happened or why, but I've basically stopped using Spotify in the room with the stereo pair again. I wish someone could figure this out! I posted a similar question in the Amazon Digital Devices forum, but no one answered.

Let me mention one other thing: When I uninstalled Spotify, I could not get the app to install from the Windows Store. It would just hang at 90% while installing. Someone on another thread suggested installing from the Spotify website, and that worked. However, now Windows keeps trying to install the app and it always hangs at 90% (even though it's already installed.) I cannot figure out how to get it to stop doing this. There doesn't seem to be anyway to delete the app from my Windows Store account.

Suggested posts