Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with syncing to SD Card with Galaxy S4

Problems with syncing to SD Card with Galaxy S4

I have tried now for several days getting my S4 to sync to SD card. My phone suddenly told me that my 64GB SD card was broken and that i needed to format it. After accepting this, i was prompted that the card was empty and needed formatting. When i then formatted it again i was prompted that the card was empty and needed formatting. Again and again and again. I removed it, inserted it into a computer and formatted it there, reinserted it in the phone and it worked fine.

in the process, obviously, my spotify sync was gone. 

Spotify now wil not save to the SD card. I have tried formatting, deleting cache, completely uninstall and reinstall spotify time and time again with no luck and now i have over doubled my included data for the month because spotify is being stupid. 

Anyone got any tips?

7 Replies

The problem are not spotify... but... Android 4.4.2.

i explain... i have a Samsung Note 2

with android 4.3... i install spotify and sync offline on my 32gb SDCard... ALL PERFECT!!

i have updated to 4.4.2 and i have find the problem... spotify don't write on SDCard.

The problem are not spotify but the Android 4.4.2 system.

if your phone are rooted you can install the app "NextApp SDFix" ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix )

This app will add the Android UNIX group "media_rw" to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission's configuration and abilitate the possiblity to all app to write on SDCard.

the step are...

uninstall Spotify if already installed

Install SDFix... and fix the permission (are all automatic)

reboot....

install spotify....

download track on sdcard 🙂

This mod... work only on rooted phone... if the phone are not rooted... i don't know any possibility to solve the problem.

I have a the latest version of Spotify as of 6/24/14 running on Note 3 KitKat 4.4.2.  I have a Samsung SDXC UHS-ICARD 64GB.  I have scanned on my computer and no issues with the card.  Uninstall, and reinstall Spotify so it runs/caches to 64GB card.  The app is crippled and unbarably slow. It will write to the card if I would like to wait an hour for 3 songs to cache.  Uninstall Spotify.  Unmount 64GB card. Install 32GB PNY.  Reinstall Spotify.  App works fast as it should and caches music to the 32GB card.  Again, nothing wrong with the 64GB card, just does not play nice with Spotify??   Thoughts?  P.S. I am NOT Rooted. For now, I guess I am back to my 32GB card.  What a waste. 😞  Also, with Spotify attempting to read/write to the 64GB card, it causes the phone to crash. Go figure.

Just out of interest, are the two cards formatted differently?

The 64GB card was formatted exFAT. The 32GB card is formatted as FAT32.  I reformatted the 64GB to FAT32, thinking this would solve the issue. It did not.  Spotify app is laggy and appears to be having difficulty writing to the card. Not so with the 32GB.  Scanned 64GB and does not seem to have any errors - checked on computer.  While Spotify is NOT running the 64GB card is very responsive.  With Spotify running, lots of delays.  Firing up Spotify on the 32GB card, files are written fast, card is responsive, etc. No issues.  Looks like I am stuck. 

It was definitely the card. Even though no errors detected when I swapped in another 64GB card all is well. SPOTIFY is caching music to the card as it should. Wonderful!

Awesome. Enjoy your music 🙂

What card did you purchase that is working fine I have tried two that haven't worked.

Suggested posts