Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with upgrading on premium

Solved!

Problems with upgrading on premium

I've upgraded my account to the premium proposal and i'm still unable to use the spotify aplication on my "smart" phone. It's still saying to me that I've to upgrade...

Well, i've tried to uninstall and then install again the application on my computer/android ... does not work at all !

Any idea / help / joke ?

Sorry for my frenchienglish !

97 Replies

Yeah.

23.09. I bought two download bundles.
However, 10.09, I bought Spotify Premium.

I know this because I bought my new phone that monday (10.09.), got home, installed Spotify and payed for the Premium upgrade. It didn't work, so among other things like un-/reinstalling, I tried paying for it again. Then I went online (on my laptop) and got to this board. I have no access to the computer (my stationary) I download music to on mondays.

How you got my double payment for Spotify Premium turned into one Unlimited payment (even though my bank history clearly state I payed you 2x99NOK) is beyond me.

I think I'm being very clear now. I'll use your contact form, again, but I'm way past expecting a solution from you people.

Hi karmyk21 - On your 'karmyk21' account we only have the Unlimited payment for 10.09. 

It's possible you've unknowingly made two accounts on our system.  A member of the payments team can certainly help track down that payment. Just respond to that case again so we can help. 

This is the same problem I'm having!

I have just upgraded to Spotify Premium using my Spotify (non-Facebook) details on my Android phone, but I'm not able to access the Premium on my phone.  Every time I try to play a song, it says that this is not available to me and that I should upgrade but I already have.

I have logged out and logged back in using Facebook and Spotify details, uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, and completely turned off my phone and turned it back on several times.  Nothing seems to be working. 

I was able to access Premium immediately after I signed up previously (March 2012--I deactivated in June) but this time (Nov 2012) it doesn't work.

Spotify employee: Can you please troubleshoot this problem and see if there is anything I can do, or you can do on your end?

I really appreciate your assistance in advance.

Hey there!

Servers are slow, but all should be up and running soon.

You can try to ensure you get an update faster by logging out from and then login back to Spotify.

This sucks!! Upgrading thinking I would get premium on my mobile right away and have to wait and dint know when I will be actually upgraded! Horrible!!

I upgraded to Premium as well, but my android app just dont work. When i try to log in, it automatically kicks me out to view with the "try for free". I tried re-instal and everything, and its still dont working.

@saxar wrote:

I upgraded to Premium as well, but my android app just dont work. When i try to log in, it automatically kicks me out to view with the "try for free". I tried re-instal and everything, and its still dont working.

Have you tried force quitting the app, fully restarting your device and then trying to login again?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@hammeh

It worked for 10 sec, then it kicked me back again

Edit: Now its working, but its freezes everytime i try do download songs....

Hi saxar - Sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble. Can you confirm exactly which Spotify app version you have installed?

A clean reinstallation might be necessary to ensure you're on the latest update. 

I have upgraded from Unlimited to Premium and neither my laptop or Kindle Fire accounts reflect this, although I did get an email receipt and my credit card has already been charged. I have reinstalled the app on the Kindle and signed out and back into my account several times on both laptop and Kindle.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post and see if they help you out at all. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

We are having trouble resubscribing to Premium.  It keeps reverting back to the screen to verify password after we've entered in all of the details. Tried on both laptop and iPad with no success.  Please advise

Hey garrettmiles - How is this working for you today? Please give that another go if you haven't already. 

check me out too please; kudos +

I paid for premium over a week ago, I've logged out on every device, uninstalled and then installed the app again and still no luck. This is really annoying because I have had so many issues with this account. I really like using spotify but I would like it to work for that much money every month. Please help me! I have 3 finals and want to listen to my music without commercials/ distractions. 

@mindihermit wrote:

I paid for premium over a week ago, I've logged out on every device, uninstalled and then installed the app again and still no luck. This is really annoying because I have had so many issues with this account. I really like using spotify but I would like it to work for that much money every month. Please help me! I have 3 finals and want to listen to my music without commercials/ distractions. 

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

have tried to get premium twice and still my account is free and i have been charged twice also, still nothing happen, sent a contact form only give some advice which i have already gone thru but still on free account.

I have upgraded Spotify but i it still says that i have to upgrade.

Suggested posts