Push Notification Spam

Highlighted

Push Notification Spam

DarkSwordmaster
Roadie

I have gone into Spotify's options and disabled EVERY possible notification tick box. I don't care about album releases, I don't care about playlists, nothing.

Earlier in the week and just now today I had a push notification from Spotify informing me about your current special premium rate. I don't care, I have no intentions of EVER giving Spotify money. But there's no option to disable spam on your app so it looks like I'll have to uninstall it instead. Is there a way to disable this or do you play on not doing this anymore?

14 Replies

Re: Push Notification Spam

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Have you disabled notifications within Android?

Go to Settings - Apps - then select Spotify from the list.. Then uncheck the 'Show Notifications' checkbox.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

DarkSwordmaster
Roadie

There is no checkbox or option for it.

Settings > Applications > Downloaded > Spotify > Nothing. The only options I have are storage related. Force Stop, Uninstall, Clear Data, (greyed out) Move to SD Card, Clear Cache, (greyed out) Clear Defaults. No option to block notifications.

Jordi
Community Legend

I will push this one to @Daniel , he is our Android expert. I don't own an android :-)

Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Daniel
Community Legend
Hi. Are you sure it's not there? Should be a checkbox right at the top underneath Force Stop.

Can you take a screenshot of the page or give some more details about your device if this option is not available.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

skyt4r
Music Fan
This is still haooening a year later. Like op, im on paid with puah notifications off. Unacceptable.

urbydoo
Casual Listener

I shouldn't need to dig through advanced settings to turn off spam from a premium service, the whole point of paying is to remove the spam. Actively seeking a recommendation on an alternative service.

Archie-Opteryx
Music Fan

I've started getting these too. I object to the suggest from support that I disable notifications, as though it's down to me to stop receiving them not to Spotify to stop seding them.

I've opted out of marketing, that doesn't mean you can find a back door to this and spam me that way.

umichscoots

On Android, you can disable all notifications for a specific app.  I have Android 5.1, and here's how I do it on my phone.

Go to Settings ==> Sound & Notification ==> Apps ==> Spotify.

Note: This is different than where everyone else in this thread is saying to go.

There should be a option to select "None - Show no notifications from this app."  This should solve the problem.

DarkSwordmaster
Roadie

While that WILL disable ALL notifications from Spotify it shouldn't have to be done. I should be able to go into the application and turn off notifications and NEVER GET ANOTHER, ESPECIALLY an advertisement!

SUGGESTED POSTS