Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Xiaomi Mi 10T pro
My Question or Issue
I have updated my Spotify app earlier on today and ever since then I am getting extremely annoying Spotify push notifications (I also attached two screenshots):
"Your friend [name] is listeing to [device]. Tap to listen and control music together"
1. I have no friends on Spotify (nor do I have my Facebook or any other app connected, I only have my Google assistant connected) nor have I ever connected to anybody elses device but my own (headphones and a xiaomi speaker)
2. All of the social functions are disabled - Device broadcast status, Autoplay on this/other devices, everything is disabled.
3. I am living in a dorm and there are many devices that are showing up but I have never got a notifications like this every few seconds when using Spotify.
4. I really have no idea who those people are either.
5. I have cleared cashe, logged out, nothing helps
It's been going on for the entire day and it's extremely annoying. Firstly there were two users but now it's only one. I get push notification every few seconds, repeatedly and it's slowly driving me crazy.
Any help on how to stop this would be much appreciated. Thank in advance!